The L-Acoustics L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is
/v-dosc' style='color:blue ; ' title='V-DOSC'>V-DOSC or ARCS and
features two, front-loaded
18-inch transducers loaded in
an optimally-sized and tuned
vented enclosure. With power
handling capacity of 1100 Wrms
(4400 Wpeak) and response to
25 Hz, the L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is ideal for
applications requiring maximum
low frequency extension and
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 provides unparalleled
low end punch and bass
articulation combined with high
power handling and efficiency.
Due to its compact design and
critically damped tuning, multipleL-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 enclosures couple
effectively while providing the
bass definition and musicality
that only a front loadedSubwoofer
Founded by Dr Christian Heil in 1984, L-ACOUSTICS has revolutionized the Pro Audio industry with its legendary Line Source Systems.
For the past two decades, L-ACOUSTICS has developed a reputation for creating innovative solutions to the most demanding sound reinforcement requirements.
Commitment to the scientific method and product innovation have been our philosophies from the outset. But innovation doesn't stop with the product itself: with continued value enhancements, we offer you exceptional product durability.
L-ACOUSTICS is more than a sound system manufacturer, it is a full service partner dedicated to customer support.
The Best Sound Comes From One Source
- An LED or light emitting diode is simply a tiny light bulb that fits into an electrical circuit. However, unlike ordinary bulbs, LEDs don't have a filament that will burn out and generate very little . Used . heat. They are illuminated by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material and last as long as a standard transistor.. Used . ...A1
- A1 is Lighting Industry Forum code for lamps that are origianally recommended for projection.
Here are all the codes:
CP: Film, Television &Photographic studio (3200K)
. Used . A1: Projection
T: Theatre (3000K)
P2: Photoflood (3200K)
K: General Purpose Flood Lighting (2850K) . Used . ...Fresnel
- Fresnels are typically 8-, 6- or 4-inch, referring to the diameter of the lens. This light is named after Augustin-Jean Fresnel who invented the distinctive Fresnel lens which has a 'stepped' appearan. Used . ce instead of the 'full' or 'smooth' appearance of other lenses. The stepped nature of the lens causes a corresponding pattern of circles of light, so Fresnel lenses are usually 'stippled' on. Used . the flat side. This pattern of small bumps helps to break up the light passing into the lens to smooth out its eventual pattern.
Fresnels use a spherical reflector, with the filament of the bulb ...DMX-512
- DMX512, often shortened to DMX (Digital MultipleX), is a communications protocol used mainly to control stage lighting.
Developed by the Engineering Commission of USITT, the standard star. Used . ted in 1986, with subsequent revisions in 1990 leading to USITT DMX512/1990. ESTA took control of the standard in 1998 and began a revision process. The new standard, known officially as "Ent. Used . ertainment Technology — USITT DMX512–A — Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories", was approved by ANSI in November, 2004. This current standar...Platforms
- Some stages are made up of many smaller table like platforms so they can be easily transported or stored. These platforms are generally used in the forming of large stages, are fastened together, com. Used . e in different hights and widths and have different materials for their surface, like woods and canvases. . Used . ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.