The L-Acoustics L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is
/v-dosc' style='color:blue ; ' title='V-DOSC'>V-DOSC or ARCS and
features two, front-loaded
18-inch transducers loaded in
an optimally-sized and tuned
vented enclosure. With power
handling capacity of 1100 Wrms
(4400 Wpeak) and response to
25 Hz, the L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is ideal for
applications requiring maximum
low frequency extension and
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 provides unparalleled
low end punch and bass
articulation combined with high
power handling and efficiency.
Due to its compact design and
critically damped tuning, multipleL-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 enclosures couple
effectively while providing the
bass definition and musicality
that only a front loadedSubwoofer
Founded by Dr Christian Heil in 1984, L-ACOUSTICS has revolutionized the Pro Audio industry with its legendary Line Source Systems.
For the past two decades, L-ACOUSTICS has developed a reputation for creating innovative solutions to the most demanding sound reinforcement requirements.
Commitment to the scientific method and product innovation have been our philosophies from the outset. But innovation doesn't stop with the product itself: with continued value enhancements, we offer you exceptional product durability.
L-ACOUSTICS is more than a sound system manufacturer, it is a full service partner dedicated to customer support.
The Best Sound Comes From One Source
- In physics, specifically photometry (optics), the lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux. It is the amount of light that falls on a unit spherical area at unit distance from a sour. Used . ce of one candela. In steradians this is equivalent to the amount of light that falls on a unit solid angle from a light source of one candela. Alternatively, one lumen is the total light pro. Used . duced by an isotropic light source of (1/4p) candelas. A 100 watt incandescent light bulb will output around 1500 lumens. ...Bulbs
- A Bulb or light bulb is a source of artificial light. There are many different kinds of bulbs including High Intensity Discharge or HIDs, Halogen, Fluorescent and Light Emitting Diodes, but the most . Used . common is the incandescence that works by the release of electromagnetic radiation. . Used . ...Wrap
- A term used in Rigging for a short sling used to wrap a beam or truss or the action of wrapping a truss. In film and television production WRAP is an acronym for Wind Reel And Print and announces the. Used . end of a scene or session. . Used . ...Ground Support
- In Staging, Ground Support applies to any electrical or mechanical device to aid a rigging crew in lifting and placing staging gear, lighting or audio gear into place.. Used . . Used . ...Conventional
- Conventional lighting is made up of stationary lights that can be moved, but only via manual means of adjusting, or focusing the fixture with a yoke. However, some aspects of the lights, like brightne. Used . ss and color may be controlled remotely
by consoles or analog audio inputs. There are many different conventional lights used in stage lighting design including floodlights, pars, foll. Used . owspots, ellipsoidals, fresnels, strips and cycs. ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.