The L-Acoustics L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is
/v-dosc' style='color:blue ; ' title='V-DOSC'>V-DOSC or ARCS and
features two, front-loaded
18-inch transducers loaded in
an optimally-sized and tuned
vented enclosure. With power
handling capacity of 1100 Wrms
(4400 Wpeak) and response to
25 Hz, the L-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 is ideal for
applications requiring maximum
low frequency extension and
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 provides unparalleled
low end punch and bass
articulation combined with high
power handling and efficiency.
Due to its compact design and
critically damped tuning, multipleL-Acoustics
/sb218' style='color:blue ; ' title='SB218'>SB218 enclosures couple
effectively while providing the
bass definition and musicality
that only a front loadedSubwoofer
Founded by Dr Christian Heil in 1984, L-ACOUSTICS has revolutionized the Pro Audio industry with its legendary Line Source Systems.
For the past two decades, L-ACOUSTICS has developed a reputation for creating innovative solutions to the most demanding sound reinforcement requirements.
Commitment to the scientific method and product innovation have been our philosophies from the outset. But innovation doesn't stop with the product itself: with continued value enhancements, we offer you exceptional product durability.
L-ACOUSTICS is more than a sound system manufacturer, it is a full service partner dedicated to customer support.
The Best Sound Comes From One Source
- A value of time that is assigned to a parameter that controls the duration of change from one DMX value to another DMX value or to fade from one scene to another. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...Intelligent Lighting
- Intelligent lighting is stage lighting that has automated or mechanical functions beyond traditional, stationary illumination. While intelligent lights can at times display complicated effects and fun. Used . ctions, they are only capable of performing the task set up by the programmer and are therefore sometimes referred to as obedient lighting. Intelligent lights come in many forms, but commonly. Used . are yoked moving heads or scanners and are usually controlled by DMX signals from lighting controllers or consoles. ...Lux
- The lux (symbol: lx) is the SI derived unit of illuminance or illumination. It is equal to one lumen per square metre.
The difference between the lux and the lumen is that the lux takes i. Used . nto account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000 lux. The same . Used . 1000 lumens, spread out over ten square metres, produces a dimmer illuminance of only 100 lux.
Achieving an illuminance of 500 lux might be possible in a home kitchen with a single fluorescent lig...Discharge Lamp
- A high powered light source produced by an arcing electrical discharge between two electrodes suspended in a glass tube filled with gas, usually high or low pressure sodium gas, xenon, mercury vapor, . Used . or metal halide. This type of illumination is limited to applications such as followspots and projection, where dimming is accomplished by mechanical instruments. Many newer generation mov. Used . ing lights use discharge lamps, dichroic filters and mechanical dimming shutters....Wings and Processors
- Wings and processors are used to extend the capabilities of lighting control consoles. Wings usually add faders, bump buttons, displays, and other functions to the console while processors consolidate. Used . , alter, redirect or synchronize the signals coming to and from the console. Consoles often have wings designed specifically for use with that console, but processors are more generalized.. Used . ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.