EAW's new Digitally Steerable Array, or DSA? Series, represents a radical step forward for small to mid-sized permanent installation applications. In essence, the DSA Series simplifies the KF900/PPST technology that permits digital steering and aiming of an array's output and adapts it to applications where column loudspeakers would typically be specified.
Like a KF900 array, each driver in a DSA Series loudspeaker enjoys its own individual amplification and digital signal processing (DSP). Using EAW's free DSA Pilot software program, users can vary the vertical coverage pattern from 15deg to 120deg as well as aim the coverage 30deg.
Unlike the KF900 system, however, all this power is housed in a compact, column speaker-type enclosure that requires no external amplification or processing. Users only need to connect AC power, audio signal, and network communications Cables
. DSA Pilot recognizes each loudspeaker connected to the network and allows users to control all of them from a single interface.
This complex, powerful technology has been years in the making, so a review of the engineering goals and design concepts will help the reader better understand the genesis of these amazing loudspeaker systems.
Used Eastern Acoustic Works
Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW) is the global leader in high-performance, professional loudspeaker system design and manufacture. Based in an historic mill complex in Whitinsville, Massachusetts, USA, EAW gives audio professionals a comprehensive tool kit that helps them deliver customized sound reinforcement solutions for venues and events around the world.
- A active circuit works with an external power supply and usually at low power. A passive circuit operates directly on a signal using the power coming from the surrounding circuitry.
This is the . Used . reason why an active crossover is, for the most part, placed before amps, containing integrated circuits (and line level signal processing). On the other hand a passive crossover is placed . Used . after amplifiers where power levels are much larger . ...XGA
- Extended Graphics Array is a standard computer display introduced in 1990 by IBM. The initial version of XGA built upon IBM's VGA, adding support for two resolutions, 800 × 600 pixels with high color . Used . and 1024 × 768 pixels with a palette of 256 colors. XGA-2 was developed later and with 1024 x 768 pixels with high color, and 1360 x 1024 with 16 colors. However, all XGA modes have an aspe. Used . ct ratio 4:3 rounded to 8 pixels....Bump Button
- A lighting console button that performs on action when pressed and another when released. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...Followspot
- Followspot is a generic term used to describe any number of lighting instruments used to highlight performers on stage. A followspot operator moves the followspot to follow the performer or to accent. Used . some action or prop etc. Somtimes called limes, dating back to the days of limelight.
Followspots are generally much brighter than conventional lighting instruments, and often u. Used . se a lamp with a considerably higher color temperature. A.J.
- UK slang for Adjustable Spanner. Also know in the US as a Crescent Wrench or C-Wrench. . Used . . Used . ...
Used Cabinet Speakers
Find used speakers and used speaker cabinets from popular brands as JBL, Turbosound, EAW and more. All used speakers we carry are warrantied and in most cases inspected by factory certified technicians.
Solaris sells and buys secondhand and used speaker cabinets for use in churches, clubs, theaters and other large events and shows. Call us if you don't find it and we will find it for you.