- A box truss is square in shape like a box in cross section and is useful for touring as gear can be hung inside the truss which protects it when loading and takes up less space in the truck.. Used . . Used . ...Scanners
- A scanner is an intelligent light that uses a mirror to perform a large variety of effects and operations while the fixture itself remains stationary. Scanners are generally remotely controlled by a l. Used . ighting control console, but some can be preprogrammed. A single scanner can replace the functions of many conventional lights and can often perform tasks conventional lights can not. Most m. Used . odern scanners utilize DMX-512 signals for control, but some can be controlled by way of analog signals as well. ...Memory Consoles
- Memory-based consoles have become very popular in almost all larger installations, particularly theatres. These new types of controls have completely replaced preset consoles as controllers of choice. Used . . Memory consoles are preferable in productions where scenes do not change from show to show, such as a theatre production, because scenes are designed and digitally recorded, so there is les. Used . s room for human error, and less manpower is required to produce the same result.
Memory consoles have a bank of faders called 'submasters.' These submasters can be programmed to control a single Ohm
- A unit of measurement for the electrical resistance equal to that of a conductor in which a current of one ampere is produced by a potential of one volt across its terminals. One ohm is the resistanc. Used . e in a circuit when one volt maintains a current of one amp. The unit, originally ohma or ohmad, was first used by Charles Tilston Bright and Latimer Clark in 1861 and is still in use today.. Used . ...DMX-512
- DMX512, often shortened to DMX (Digital MultipleX), is a communications protocol used mainly to control stage lighting.
Developed by the Engineering Commission of USITT, the standard star. Used . ted in 1986, with subsequent revisions in 1990 leading to USITT DMX512/1990. ESTA took control of the standard in 1998 and began a revision process. The new standard, known officially as "Ent. Used . ertainment Technology — USITT DMX512–A — Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories", was approved by ANSI in November, 2004. This current standar...