- An early type of stage light in which an intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, also called calcium oxide, which can be raised to white incandesce. Used . nce heat without melting to producing brilliant illumination. The limelight effect was discovered early in the nineteenth century by Goldsworthy Gurney. A Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond. Used . , realized that the light would be useful for surveying and built a working version in 1826. Therefore, the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light. The Limelights first theatrical use was in 1837 at ...Circular
- A circular truss is a truss that is shaped like a circle and generally used in large open venues where the stage can be viewed from many angles.. Used . . Used . ...Volt
- A unit in the international system representing the electric potential and electromotive force equal to the difference of electric potential between two points on a conducting wire carrying a constant. Used . current of one ampere when the power dissipated between the points is one watt. Named after Alessandro Volta for his work with batteries, the term was adopted in the 1880s and is still in u. Used . se today....Polarity
- The polarity of an object is, in general, its physical alignment. The term is often used to describe the positive and negative ends of batteries and magnets.
In cell biology, polarity ref. Used . ers to cells not being point-symmetrical in their spatial organization. This is particularly evident for cells organized in single cell layers that separate organs or subcompartments in organ. Used . isms.
In chemistry, molecular polarity refers to the dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positive end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Mole...DMX-512
- DMX512, often shortened to DMX (Digital MultipleX), is a communications protocol used mainly to control stage lighting.
Developed by the Engineering Commission of USITT, the standard star. Used . ted in 1986, with subsequent revisions in 1990 leading to USITT DMX512/1990. ESTA took control of the standard in 1998 and began a revision process. The new standard, known officially as "Ent. Used . ertainment Technology — USITT DMX512–A — Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories", was approved by ANSI in November, 2004. This current standar...