Used Meyer Sound
Established by John and Helen Meyer in 1979, Meyer Sound has been at the forefront of innovation in audio engineering for over two decades. From the outset, Meyer Sound looked beyond loudspeaker cabinet design to create totally integrated, systems-comprehensive solutions that encompass transducer design, signal processing, power amplification and even electroacoustic measurement systems. As a result, Meyer Sound's engineering teams have earned an enviable reputation for developing unique, innovative solutions to some of the most difficult problems confronting audio professionals.
In fact, it is fundamental to John Meyer's philosophy that no component of a system should be compromised in order to compensate for variables "upstream" or "downstream." Instead, the entire system should be conceived, designed, tested, confirmed and manufactured as a whole to provide the optimum blend of audio fidelity, utility and long-term reliability.
- A gobo is a thin circular plate with holes cut in it to create patterns of projected light. The name may be derived from a contraction of "go between", or from "GOes Before Optics". Another possible . Used . origin is from the early days of Hollywood. When the Director of Photography wanted daylight excluded from some area of the set, he'd say "GO BlackOut". Members of the crew would run around p. Used . utting black material between the sun and the set.
A gobo may be made from thin metal sheet, usually steel, or from etched glass, depending upon the complexity of the design. Glass gobos often incRigging Hardware
- Rigging Hardware applies to all the pins, hooks and other pieces used to connect and hoist gear into place.. Used . . Used . ...Yoke
- The metal strip running over the top and on both sides of a light to which the G-Clamp is attached. . Used . . Used . ...Bulbs
- A Bulb or light bulb is a source of artificial light. There are many different kinds of bulbs including High Intensity Discharge or HIDs, Halogen, Fluorescent and Light Emitting Diodes, but the most . Used . common is the incandescence that works by the release of electromagnetic radiation. . Used . ...Color Changers
- A conventional lighting fixture with a remotely controlled colored changeable filter over the lens. There are three kinds of mechanisms used in color changers, a wheel with lens sized holes into which. Used . colored gells can be placed, multiple fixed filters that can be moved in and out of the beam to mix the colors and a scroller which uses continuous, usually dichroic, filters to mix an even . Used . greater number of colors.
Used Effects and Multi FX
Effects and Multi FX devices are devices that used in audio recording to alter the sound of audio sources like musical instruments by employing a range of digital sound effects. Also called a DSP Processor, Effects and Multi FX devices can alter audio sounds in a variety of different ways, and these changes can be either extremely subtle or hugely dramatic, depending on the type of digital effects unit which is used.
A Multi Effects processor can be used in both sound recordings or live during a performance. Effects and Multi FX can be employed to great effect with a wide variety of musical instruments, although they are most often paired with electronic instruments such as keyboards, bass and electric guitars.
Musicians and sound engineers use Multi FX devices such as fuzzboxes and wah-wah pedals to create a class of seven different sound effects, including Distortion, which clips the audio signal of an instrument, distorting the form of its sound waves and also adding overtones.
Other sound effects which can be achieved by an effects processor include Dynamics, which simply boost the volume level, Filter, which is applied to alter an audio signalâ??s frequency, and Audio Feedback, which was pioneered by the legendary Jimi Hendrix. Effects and Multi FX processors are also used to create sounds that have irregular tonal properties, an effect known as modulation, and can also modify the Pitch of an audio signal.
Lastly, an FX processor can also add time-based effects, such as delays or echoes.