Ever since, we‚??ve researched the science and technology of sound. Several of our innovations have been awarded US patents. Each discovery opens new avenues for investigation, fresh opportunities for improvement. After 20 years of development, the real excitement is just over the horizon. That‚??s why our founder Harro Heinz can still be found in our facility every day. That‚??s why our team of dedicated professionals can‚??t stop taking work home at night. That‚??s why discriminating audio professionals worldwide rely on us to help them set new standards of reference in sound reinforcement.
The packaged loudspeaker system with transducers, waveguides, filter network, enclosure and hardware is today‚??s standard. Back in ‚??79 the concept was unorthodox, but we‚??ve always believed that better ideas will find their way into the hands of demanding professionals. Our first innovations (like US patent #4,336,425) came out of new thinking about compression drivers, but we realized that components yield only incremental improvements. The real performance breakthroughs come from using all the available tools ‚?? acoustic, mechanical, electrical and electronic ‚?? to bring reproduction closer to reality.
Over a decade ago we introduced the first integrated systems, exploding boundaries that separated packaged loudspeakers from signal processing, power amplification, cabling and hardware. Today our engineers are equally at home with acoustics and electronics. Integrated systems design requires understanding a broad range of parameters, from matching amplifier output to transducer power handling, to precise setting of critical signal processing functions, to optimizing gain staging. Precision adjustment of limiter behavior, crossover frequencies and slopes, equalization and delay is a time-consuming, data-intensive process, but the results are worth it.
Our integrated systems approach eliminates the frustration of verifying proper system setup and tracking down faults. The system designer and operator are free to focus on enhancing the listening experience, rather than trying to make the system work by adjusting critical parameters like driver protection, crossovers and EQ "on the fly."
We build integrated systems as small as a single enclosure and as large as a high-output, wide coverage multi-element array. It‚??s all part of our search for new reference points in sound system performance.
- A Smoke Machine or Fogger is an electrical device that creates clouds of artificual and hopefully non-toxic fog. The fog may come in different colors or smells and may be water or mineral based. It i. Used . s used for effects in theatre, staging, concerts and clubs.
A Hazer by contrast create a more diffusive, expansive haze that is usually not a thick and is used to enhance other e. Used . ffects, such as lighting and light beams. Joule
- A term in the international system for a unit of electrical, mechanical, and thermal energy equal to the work done when a current of one ampere is passed through a resistance of one ohm for one second. Used . . Surge protectors are often given joule ratings, but this rating refers only to the amount of energy they can absorb, not what gets through. Its value was calculated originally by James Pr. Used . escott Joule, but the term was first introduced by Dr. Mayer of Heilbronn....Pattern
- Pattern refers to the shape, quality and evenness of a lamp's output. The pattern of light an instrument makes is largely determined by three factors. The first are the specifics of the bulb, reflecto. Used . r and lens assembly. Different mounting positions for the bulb (axial, base up, base down), different sizes and shapes of reflector and the nature of the lens (or lenses) being used can all a. Used . ffect the pattern of light. Secondly, the specifics of how the lamp is focused affect its pattern. In Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlights (ERS) and their derivatives (see below), there are two beams of light emit...Discharge Lamp
- A high powered light source produced by an arcing electrical discharge between two electrodes suspended in a glass tube filled with gas, usually high or low pressure sodium gas, xenon, mercury vapor, . Used . or metal halide. This type of illumination is limited to applications such as followspots and projection, where dimming is accomplished by mechanical instruments. Many newer generation mov. Used . ing lights use discharge lamps, dichroic filters and mechanical dimming shutters....Converters and Sync
- An audio converter is a type of electronic hardware that converts analog audio signals to digital audio format or vice versa. Audio synchronizers arrange the signals, either analog, digital or both, s. Used . o that multiple the signals occur in time. . Used . ...