The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- An early type of stage light in which an intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, also called calcium oxide, which can be raised to white incandesce. Used . nce heat without melting to producing brilliant illumination. The limelight effect was discovered early in the nineteenth century by Goldsworthy Gurney. A Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond. Used . , realized that the light would be useful for surveying and built a working version in 1826. Therefore, the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light. The Limelights first theatrical use was in 1837 at ...Lighting instruments
- There are a variety of instruments frequently used in the theater. Although they vary in many ways they all have the following four basic components in one form or another...
* Box/Housin. Used . g - a metal or plastic container to house the whole instrument and prevent light from spilling in un-wanted directions.
* Source of light (bulb or lamp).
* Lens or opening - the g. Used . ap in the housing where the light is intended to come out.
* Reflector - behind or around the light source in such a way as to direct more light towards the lense or opening.
Additional feat...1000 - 5000 Lumens
- A projector that produces 1000 - 5000 lumens of light.. Used . . Used . ...Polarity
- The polarity of an object is, in general, its physical alignment. The term is often used to describe the positive and negative ends of batteries and magnets.
In cell biology, polarity ref. Used . ers to cells not being point-symmetrical in their spatial organization. This is particularly evident for cells organized in single cell layers that separate organs or subcompartments in organ. Used . isms.
In chemistry, molecular polarity refers to the dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positive end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Mole...Zirconium Lamp
- A high intensity point source arc lamp using a zirconium oxide cathode in an argon-filled bulb. Used in powerful projectors because of its low emanation of long-wavelength light and its concentrated . Used . source. Similar to the Drummond light or Limelight, but differing from them chiefly in the employment of cones of zirconium instead of cylinders of lime. It has been outdated and replaced b. Used . y electric lighting....