The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- Video is the technology of electromagnetically recording, processing, transmitting, and reconstructing a sequence of images that represent scenes in motion.
. Used . . Used . ...A.J.
- UK slang for Adjustable Spanner. Also know in the US as a Crescent Wrench or C-Wrench. . Used . . Used . ...Frequency
- The measurement of the number of times a repeated event, generally a waveform, occurs in a given time frame usually expressed in Hertz, abbreviated Hz, or cycles per second. . Used . . Used . ...Subtractive Color
- Subtractive color explains the theory of mixing paints, dyes, inks, and natural colorants to create colors which absorb some wavelengths of light and reflect others. The color that an object appears t. Used . o have is based on what parts of the electromagnetic spectrum are reflected by it, or conversely by what parts of the spectrum are not absorbed.
Anything that is not additive col. Used . or is subtractive color. No other color mixing systems are known, except the imperfect system resulting from mixing real pigments, something that is very confusing nowadays.
Color is not an absolu...Circular
- A circular truss is a truss that is shaped like a circle and generally used in large open venues where the stage can be viewed from many angles.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.