The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- Highly reflective screen used for projectors to provide a better, clearer surface or an image to be projected on to.. Used . . Used . ...Color
- Color temperature is measured in kelvins, and gel colors are organized by several different systems maintained by the color manufacturing companies. The apparent color of a light is determined largel. Used . y by the gel color given it, but also in part by the power level the lamp is being run at and the color of material is it to light. As the percentage of full power a lamp is being run at drop. Used . s, the tungsten filament in the bulb glows orange instead of more nearly white. This is known as amber drift or amber shift. Thus a 1000-watt instrument at 50% will appear far more orange than a 500-watt instrWhite Noise
- A random audio signal with a flat power spectral density that contains noise at the same level at all frequencies. The signal's spectral density has equal power in any band and at any frequency in a . Used . given bandwidth. White noise is similar to white light which contains all frequencies. White noise is often used in the field of architectural acoustics to mask distracting or undesirable n. Used . oises in interior spaces....Stepper Motor
- A stepper motor is a type of electric motor that is used when something has to be positioned very precisely or rotated by an exact angle.
In a stepper motor, an internal rotor containing. Used . permanent magnets is controlled by a set of stationary electromagnets that are switched electronically. Hence, it is a cross between a DC electric motor and a solenoid. Stepper motors do not. Used . use brushes and commutators.
Stepper motors have a fixed number of magnetic poles that determine the number of steps per revolution. Most common stepper motors have 200 full steps/revolution, meaMulti Effects
- Multi effects applies to any outboard audio effects hardware that is capable of processing the signal through more than one effect. In modern effects hardware multi effects are more common and usuall. Used . y include many different effects by which the audio can be processed.. Used . ...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.