The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- In physics, specifically photometry (optics), the lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux. It is the amount of light that falls on a unit spherical area at unit distance from a sour. Used . ce of one candela. In steradians this is equivalent to the amount of light that falls on a unit solid angle from a light source of one candela. Alternatively, one lumen is the total light pro. Used . duced by an isotropic light source of (1/4p) candelas. A 100 watt incandescent light bulb will output around 1500 lumens. ...Incandescent light bulb
- The incandescent light bulb (archaically known as the electric lamp) uses a glowing wire filament heated to white-hot by electrical resistance, to generate light (a process known as thermal radiation . Used . or incandescence). The bulb is the glass enclosure which keeps the filament in a vacuum or low-pressure noble gas, or a halogen gas in the case of quartz-halogen lamps (see below) in order to. Used . prevent oxidisation of the filament at high temperatures. In Australia and South Africa a light bulb is also called a light globe.
Because of its poor efficiency and yellowish color, it is being ...Moving Lights
- Moving lights or intelligent fixtures were originally implemented in 1972, but the first computer-controlled stage lighting fixtures began to gain widespread acceptance in the concert industry in the . Used . early 1980's. As the digital age progressed, the cost of these fixtures was reduced and they slowly started being used in more 'traditional' theatrical environments. Intelligent fixtures are . Used . currently used in almost all major theatrical productions.
Usually relying on compact arc lamps as a light source, these fixtures generally use stepper motors connected to varying internal devices...Light Board
- A light board is yet another name used to describe a lighting console.. Used . . Used . ...Lux
- The lux (symbol: lx) is the SI derived unit of illuminance or illumination. It is equal to one lumen per square metre.
The difference between the lux and the lumen is that the lux takes i. Used . nto account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000 lux. The same . Used . 1000 lumens, spread out over ten square metres, produces a dimmer illuminance of only 100 lux.
Achieving an illuminance of 500 lux might be possible in a home kitchen with a single fluorescent lig...