The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- A seperate line level output from a sound console that is to be used for foldback or monitoring that does not use up another main output. Each in channel has a path to the Auxiliary bus. It is also . Used . useful to send a signal to a separate effects processor.
. Used . ...Wavelength
- The distance from one point, usually the crest, on a vibrating wave to the same point on the next wave. The shorter the wavelength the higher the frequency and the more directional the wave and vice . Used . versa. Commonly designated by the Greek letter lambda (?), wavelengths are usually measured in Angstroms.. Used . ...Amp Processor
- An amp-processor is an amplifier that has other audio processing capabilities like compression or equalization and are often used in PA systems or to amplify mics or musical instruments. . Used . . Used . ...Address
- In computer science, a memory address is a unique identifier for a memory location at which a CPU or other device can store a piece of data for later retrieval. In modern byte-addressable computers, e. Used . ach address identifies a single byte of storage; data too large to be stored in a single byte may reside in multiple bytes occupying a sequence of consecutive addresses. Some microprocessors . Used . were designed to be word-addressable, so that the typical storage unit was actually larger than a byte. Examples include the Texas Instruments TMS9900 and the National Semiconductor IMP-16, both of which used ...Controllers
- A hoist or motor controller is a machine for raising and lowering personnel or gear by means of a cable for the purpose of setting the gear in place on a truss or stage.
. Used . . Used . ...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.