The Martin Audio
Wavefront W8L is a line array system which combines innovative horn loading techniques with line array technology to produce a very powerful line array with maximum dynamic impact. It is a 3-way, full-range system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers for many applications. Where very low frequency extension is required, a W8L array will integrate seamlessly with the Martin Audio
WSX folded-horn Subwoofer
in a fully horn-loaded 4-way configuration.
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
Lighting Control Console
- Lighting control consoles (also called lighting boards or lighting desks) are electronic devices used in theatrical lighting design to control multiple lights at once. They are used throughout the ent. Used . ertainment industry and are normally placed at the FOH position or in a control booth. All lighting control consoles can control dimmers which, in turn, control the brightness of the lights. . Used . Many modern consoles can also control intelligent lights (lights that can move and change colors), fog machines and hazers, and other special effects devices. Consoles communicate with the dimmers and other de...Zone Focusing
- Technique for focusing a lens so that the field depth extends over a predetermined scope of distances making an entire area, or zone, in focus rather than one specific subject. . Used . . Used . ...Moving Mirror Lights
- A common term for a moving mirror stage/concert light. This light in particular is common is clubs, discos and lounges. As opposed to the moving head lights that are more common for theatre, concerts. Used . and stage events. . Used . Compression and Dynamics
- Compression is the reduction of the dynamic range of a sound to avoid unintentional changes and increases in the amplitude. Compression is generally used to make an audio signal sound louder without i. Used . ncreasing its peak amplitude. By compressing or limiting the peak signals, it becomes possible to increase the overall volume of the signal without exceeding the dynamic limits of a device or. Used . medium. This causes quiet sounds to become louder, while louder sounds remain unchanged....Automated Light
- Automated Lights were originally used in 1972, but the first computer-controlled stage lighting fixtures began to gain widespread acceptance in the concert industry in the early 1980's. As the digital. Used . age progressed, the cost of these fixtures was reduced and they slowly started being used in more 'traditional' theatrical environments. Intelligent fixtures are currently used in almost all. Used . major theatrical productions.
Usually relying on compact arc lamps as a light source, these fixtures generally use stepper motors connected to varying internal devices to manipulate the light bef...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.