The Vienna range of consoles continues the Soundcraft
tradition in sound
reinforcement, offering superb performance, ruggedness, versatility and value for
money - equally at home in the theatre, on tour, in a conference hall, auditorium
or place of worship.
Vienna has been designed to provide oustanding sound quality and facilities, a clear
and practical control surface and the sturdy frame with built-in handles offers the
strength to survive many years, either as part of a fixed installation or `on the road'.
The console is available in 16, 24, 32 or 40 channel frame sizes, all with eight groups
and eight stereo effects returns as standard. The consolemay be specified with eight
VCA groups in addition to the audio groups, and may be fitted with optional dualMatrix
Output modules in blocks of four where space is available.
The Input module is available in VCA or standard versions, with a patented padless
microphone amp, hi-pass filter and a four band equaliser specifically designed for
live sound applications. The channel signalmay be fed to eight auxilliary sends and
routed to eight audio groups and left, right and mono mix outputs. Comprehensive
muting and solo facilities are included and the signal is monitored by individual
LED bargraph meters.
The Group module comprises an audio subgroup with low-noise summing
amplifier, PFL monitoring and routing to the main mix outputs, plus a full-featured
stereo line input for use as an additional input or as an effects return. This stereo
input has full muting and routing facilities, stereo image control and access to four
of the auxiliary sends. OnVCA consoles a similarmodule also houses aVCAgroup
Comprehensive master and monitor functions are provided on the central Master
module, including versatile talkback facilities either from the local engineer to desk
outputs or as two way communication with a separate monitor console.
The optional Dual Matrix
output module allows additional submixes to be created
from the group outputs, main mix outputs and a separate external input. These
modules may be fitted in blocks of four where space is available.
Vienna is designed to allow two consoles to be linked in a master/slave
configuration, with opto-isolated control signals and balanced, buffered audio
connections for maximum noise immunity. The interface allows two Vienna
consoles, or one Vienna and one Soundcraft
/europa' style='color:blue ; ' title='Europa'>Europa console to be linked.
Simplicity and clarity of operation is ensured by careful layout of controls, internally
illuminated buttons and provision for three Littlelites on the top surface of the
console, with an inbuilt Dimmer
Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase. Back in the early 70's, the music touring business was just beginning - and the transportable mixing desk quickly became popular among the bands and the new PA companies that were springing up to rent out sound equipment.
From what was then a small company in central London, Soundcraft expanded and started to diversify. The company designed a mixer for recording - the Series 2 - and began to build a reputation for great-sounding desks, which is often referred to as the favoured 'British Sound'.
Design and innovation has always been one of Soundcraft's major strengths. Over the years it has introduced a number of industry-favoured consoles such as the Series 4, 2400, TS24, 8000, 200B, 6000, Delta, SAC200 and the Spirit Folio range, and more recently the Series FIVE, FIVE Monitor and Broadway.
Today Soundcraft has a network of 88 distributors selling and supporting its products world-wide. Part of the Harman Pro Group, Soundcraft is still very much the dedicated professional mixing console designer and manufacturer it was back in 1973. It now boasts a range of mixers which are designed for use in live sound, recording, post-production, TV and radio production and disco applications.
Harman is an international company which comprises a group of dedicated manufacturers of audio equipment spanning professional audio, in-car systems, multimedia and hi-fi consumer products.
- Equalization, or EQ, applies to any hardware or outboard effect used for the process of changing, increasing or decreasing the level or volume of a certain frequency in a sound to bring that frequenci. Used . es volume in line with the other sounds. It is used in live events and audio recording in film, music, TV and radio. . Used . ...Lighting
- Lighting or stage lighting is a tool and art form in the production of theater, dance, opera and other performance arts. Several different types of stage lighting instruments are used in the pursuit o. Used . f the various principles or goals of lighting ranging from simple illumination to mood setting. Lighting also applies architectural accents to add color or shading to indoor and outdoor sett. Used . ings....Polarity
- The polarity of an object is, in general, its physical alignment. The term is often used to describe the positive and negative ends of batteries and magnets.
In cell biology, polarity ref. Used . ers to cells not being point-symmetrical in their spatial organization. This is particularly evident for cells organized in single cell layers that separate organs or subcompartments in organ. Used . isms.
In chemistry, molecular polarity refers to the dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positive end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Mole...Discharge Lamp
- A high powered light source produced by an arcing electrical discharge between two electrodes suspended in a glass tube filled with gas, usually high or low pressure sodium gas, xenon, mercury vapor, . Used . or metal halide. This type of illumination is limited to applications such as followspots and projection, where dimming is accomplished by mechanical instruments. Many newer generation mov. Used . ing lights use discharge lamps, dichroic filters and mechanical dimming shutters....Recording
- Sound or audio recording is the electrical or mechanical encoding of sound waves and audio signals, usually voice or music for the purpose of reproducing the sounds at a later time. There are two basi. Used . c types of recording, analog in which the signal is variable and continuous, and digital in which the signal is first converted into a binary language.. Used . ...
Used Audio Mixers
Audio mixers, or sound consoles, are electronic sound mixing boards used to combine two or more audio signals, before directing them to the output channels connected to the device.
Sound consoles do a great deal more than just combining different audio signals â?? they allow users to optimize the sound output in a number of ways â?? adjusting various sound levels, enhancing sound with special effects and equalization etc, allowing for unmatched control over the end product.
When there is a need for high quality sound control and output, audio mixers are an essential item for audio team. Mixing desks are used on stage in live concerts to combine the sound input from various musical instruments in to a stereo master mix. For TV and movie studios, sound consoles are essential to combine the various sounds from the numerous different microphones that will be used.
Audio mixers are available in a wide range of different shapes, sizes and designs, beginning with smaller units designed for portability, right up to the enormous sound consoles used in recording studios. The term audio mixer actually refers to any kind of sound mixing board, whereas a sound console is usually a device which sits permanently on a desk.
Technicians usually differentiate audio mixers according to how many channels they have. Fairly standard in the recording industry is the 12-channel mixer, in which you can hook up a total of 12 input sources. Sound consoles can also be more specified â?? for example, a 24 x 4 x 2 mixer has 24 inputs, 4 sub-group channels and 2 output channels.