is a reference, high output, 2 x 18bass reflex Subwoofer
module ideal for touring applications.
With the digital switching amplifiers, neodymium woofers and well designed structure, it is one of the smallest and lightest double 18 systems available.
A unique feature is the semi charged horn design which at low frequencies around 40 Hz Opera
tes as a conventional bass reflex cabinet. However at slightly higher frequencies in the 80 to 100 Hz area, the system Opera
tes as a semi charged horn loaded design which provides around 3 to 4 dB more efficiency.
RCF was founded in 1949 in Reggio Emilia, an Italian city with excellent mechanical and electronic industries. Over the years the company has established itself as a world leader in design, production and marketing of high technology Professional and Commercial Audio products.
Throughout its history the company has continued to expand and diversify to satisfy every audio and musical amplification need: from single systems to big, complex projects.
For sixty years the main administrative and production facility has been in Reggio Emilia where the company has a highly professional and specialized personnel.
RCF markets its products through sales offices in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain and United States. In the rest of the world the Company operates through a consolidated, capillary network of distributors.
Today RCF employs more than 250 people and sells its products in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Since 1995 the company has been ISO 9001 certified.
- Staging is the process and art of selecting, designing, or modifying the performance space for a given purpose, be it theatrical, television, film or concert production. . Used . . Used . ...Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlight
- ERS is an acronym standing for Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlight. These are sometimes known by their brand names, especially Leko, short for Lekolite, the name given to them by their inventors, Joseph L. Used . evy and Edward Kook. ETC's Source Four has become a very popular ERS throughout the industry, and some people use the term Source Four to refer to spotlights in general. They come in many for. Used . ms, and are the most numerous and important instrument type in use. The flexibility of the ERS allows them to fulfill the bulk of the lighting roles in the theatre, from area lighting to close specials, from l...Wrap
- A term used in Rigging for a short sling used to wrap a beam or truss or the action of wrapping a truss. In film and television production WRAP is an acronym for Wind Reel And Print and announces the. Used . end of a scene or session. . Used . ...Moving Heads
- A moving head is an intelligent light mounted on a moving yoke and generally remotely controlled by a lighting control console or preprogrammed to perform a large variety of effects and operations. A . Used . single moving head luminary can replace the functions of many conventional lights and can often perform tasks conventional lights can not. Most modern moving head luminaries utilize DMX-512 s. Used . ignals for control, but some can be controlled by way of analog signals as well.
- Fresnels are typically 8-, 6- or 4-inch, referring to the diameter of the lens. This light is named after Augustin-Jean Fresnel who invented the distinctive Fresnel lens which has a 'stepped' appearan. Used . ce instead of the 'full' or 'smooth' appearance of other lenses. The stepped nature of the lens causes a corresponding pattern of circles of light, so Fresnel lenses are usually 'stippled' on. Used . the flat side. This pattern of small bumps helps to break up the light passing into the lens to smooth out its eventual pattern.
Fresnels use a spherical reflector, with the filament of the bulb ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.