- In Staging, Ground Support applies to any electrical or mechanical device to aid a rigging crew in lifting and placing staging gear, lighting or audio gear into place.. Used . . Used . ...Entire Stages
- An entire stage is a complete stage that generally include platforms, stairs and sometimes roofing, ranging in size from small easy to transport stages to large staging systems.. Used . . Used . ...Multi Effects
- Multi effects applies to any outboard audio effects hardware that is capable of processing the signal through more than one effect. In modern effects hardware multi effects are more common and usuall. Used . y include many different effects by which the audio can be processed.. Used . ...Moving Light
- A moving light truss has a wider opening to accommodate the space required for a moving head light. . Used . . Used . ...Dimmer
- Dimmers are devices used to vary the voltage running to a light. By decreasing or increasing the voltage to the lamp it is possible to vary the intensity of the lamp. Changes in intensity are called “. Used . fades” and can be “fade ups” or “fade downs.” Although variable-voltage devices are used for various purposes, the term dimmer is generally associated with lighting control. Small dimmers are. Used . seen more and more in the home. These have traditionally been actuated by direct control. The advent of X-10 technology is making remote control of home dimmers possible. A digital signal is imposed on the ho...
Used TV Screens
TV Screens are used in the theater industry and in other venues for many different purposes â?? backstage or in the control room so that other actors/technicians/producers can keep up to date with the progress of the production, or at strategic locations so that the audience which is too far away from the actual stage can see the action close up.
TV screens have come a long way since the days of the old analog TVs that first appeared in our homes in the middle of the last century. Those old, box-shaped, black and white screens have been superseded by highly advanced technology, and now we have TV screens that use OLED, LCD, DLP or Plasma technology, allowing viewers to see excellent quality, enhanced HDTV.
Generally, for professional purposes in concerts, theater etc., TV screens are used in much the same way as a computer monitor. They are not used to tune in to current TV shows but are instead hooked up to a camera so that they can replay the action on stage as it happens, or â??Liveâ?ť.
OLED technology is one of the preferred technologies for TV screens these days, as they are extremely lightweight and provide good viewing angles when compared to other screens, where the image â??fadesâ?? if the screen is not viewed head-on. However, OLED TV screens are currently quite expensive when compared to other technologies such as LCD and Plasma, especially so in the case of CRT TV screens.