- Strip lights, also known as Cyclorama (Cyc) lights are long housings typically containing multiple lamps arranged along the length of the instrument and emitting light perpendicular to its length. Lam. Used . ps are often covered with individual gels of multiple c . Used . ...Delay
- Delay is an audio effect which records a signal or sound and then plays it back after a period of time. The delayed signal may be played back multiple times or looped back into the recording again to . Used . create the sound of a repeating decaying echo. Unlike reverb, which uses reflected sound to produce many echos, delay has greater control over the number of times the sound is echoed. . Used . ...Dimmers and Distro
- Dimmers are devices used to vary the brightness of a light or stage light and are usually controlled remotely by a lighting console or controller by way of a protocol that is usually DMX. A Distro is . Used . a device that distributes power to many devices.. Used . ...Towers
- Towers are truss like structures used to support roofs and other trussing systems.. Used . . Used . ...Pre-Rig
- Pre-rig Trusses have bars with lights and other gear attached so that they can be lowered into a suitable operating position for a show or raised to store or transport without having to remove the gea. Used . r from the truss.. Used . ...
Used TV Screens
TV Screens are used in the theater industry and in other venues for many different purposes ‚?? backstage or in the control room so that other actors/technicians/producers can keep up to date with the progress of the production, or at strategic locations so that the audience which is too far away from the actual stage can see the action close up.
TV screens have come a long way since the days of the old analog TVs that first appeared in our homes in the middle of the last century. Those old, box-shaped, black and white screens have been superseded by highly advanced technology, and now we have TV screens that use OLED, LCD, DLP or Plasma technology, allowing viewers to see excellent quality, enhanced HDTV.
Generally, for professional purposes in concerts, theater etc., TV screens are used in much the same way as a computer monitor. They are not used to tune in to current TV shows but are instead hooked up to a camera so that they can replay the action on stage as it happens, or ‚??Live‚?Ě.
OLED technology is one of the preferred technologies for TV screens these days, as they are extremely lightweight and provide good viewing angles when compared to other screens, where the image ‚??fades‚?? if the screen is not viewed head-on. However, OLED TV screens are currently quite expensive when compared to other technologies such as LCD and Plasma, especially so in the case of CRT TV screens.