The R40 borderlight is a multi-lamp, compartmented striplighting luminaire designed for use as a general wash of light. It is available wired for either three or four circuit Opera
tion for color separation or blending. The R40 borderlight is manufactured in portable lengths of 6 feet, three or four circuit; 7.5 feet, three circuit; and 8 feet, four circuit. The R40 is also available in custom lengths and custom circuitry with sockets on 6 inch centers. The luminaire can be used as a toning or fill light or for cycloraMA Lighting
from both top and bottom.
Altmanâ?¦. A name that stands for quality, durability, pride, and excellenceâ?¦. a name synonymous with tradition, dedication, and design innovationâ?¦ a family name. For over fifty years the Altman name has stood true as one of the leading innovators of theatrical, architectural, and film and video lighting available on the market today.
Charles Altman, the patriarch and founder, whose spirit is still alive in the company today, founded the company based on the ideals of a top quality product available at an affordable price. Ronald Altman, whose memory still inspires loyalty and will always live on as the company grows. Robert Altman, a son who boldly leads the company into the 21st century with state of the art innovations and high quality product with his father Charlie's philosophy still in mind. Randall Altman, a grandson, who is stride by stride with Robert maintaining family pride in excellence. As the generations continue through the constant pursuit of excellence, these individuals as well as other family members and complete staff of employees (who are all treated as family members) strive to keep the family philosophy alive with customer satisfaction, personal service, and a quality product that has proved to last through the test of time.
- Stage or auditorium lights, independent of the main theatrical system, used during rehearsals and while the crew sets up or breaks down the stage. Also, low wattage lights used to illuminate offstage. Used . obstacles and props tables unseen by the audience.. Used . ...Crank Lifts
- A crank lift is used to manually lift and set a section of scaffolding into place.. Used . . Used . ...Kelvin
- The kelvin (symbol: K) is the SI unit of temperature, and is one of the seven SI base units. It is defined by two facts: zero kelvins is absolute zero (when molecular motion stops), and one kelvin is . Used . the fraction 1/273.16 of the thermodynamic temperature of the triple point of water. The Celsius temperature scale is now defined in terms of the kelvin, with 0 °C corresponding to 273.15 kel. Used . vins, approximately the freezing point of water under ordinary conditions.
The kelvin is named after the British physicist and engineer William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin; his barony was in turn na...Recording
- Sound or audio recording is the electrical or mechanical encoding of sound waves and audio signals, usually voice or music for the purpose of reproducing the sounds at a later time. There are two basi. Used . c types of recording, analog in which the signal is variable and continuous, and digital in which the signal is first converted into a binary language.. Used . ...Hazer
- A Smoke Machine or Fogger is an electrical device that creates clouds of artificual and hopefully non-toxic fog. The fog may come in different colors or smells and may be water or mineral based. It i. Used . s used for effects in theatre, staging, concerts and clubs.
A Hazer by contrast create a more diffusive, expansive haze that is usually not a thick and is used to enhance other e. Used . ffects, such as lighting and light beams.
Used Strips and Cycs
Strips and Cycs are one of the simplest kinds of lighting fixtures used in stage and concert venue lighting, taking the form of a long housing containing numerous lamps arranged along its length, spaced at even distances. Strips and cycs emit light perpendicular to the length of the strip light housing, and are usually fitted with something called gels or roundels (small, colored lenses), so that the color emitted by the lamps can be altered. Strips and cycs are often wired into a number of circuits and hooked up to the lighting board, allowing the operators to control several different banks of colored lights from the same place.
This type of lighting is commonly called cyc lights or cycloramas in the industry, as they are especially effective for lighting up the cyclorama curtain at the rear of the stage. Other names for strips and cycs include border lights and coda lights.
When it comes to colorization, roundels are actually preferred over the standard gels found in most other types of lighting, as these are able to sustain more prolonged use. Especially in the case of permanent strips and cycs installations, rounders are far more common.
Strips and cycs have been known to serve as some older or lower budget venueâ??s primary source of lighting, thanks to their surprising versatility, low cost and easy maintenance. Whatâ??s more, LED strips and cycs are now becoming more common, and these are able to deliver a similar light output, while consuming far less power.