- Some stages are made up of many smaller table like platforms so they can be easily transported or stored. These platforms are generally used in the forming of large stages, are fastened together, com. Used . e in different hights and widths and have different materials for their surface, like woods and canvases. . Used . ...Limelight
- An early type of stage light in which an intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, also called calcium oxide, which can be raised to white incandesce. Used . nce heat without melting to producing brilliant illumination. The limelight effect was discovered early in the nineteenth century by Goldsworthy Gurney. A Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond. Used . , realized that the light would be useful for surveying and built a working version in 1826. Therefore, the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light. The Limelights first theatrical use was in 1837 at ...Lux
- The lux (symbol: lx) is the SI derived unit of illuminance or illumination. It is equal to one lumen per square metre.
The difference between the lux and the lumen is that the lux takes i. Used . nto account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000 lux. The same . Used . 1000 lumens, spread out over ten square metres, produces a dimmer illuminance of only 100 lux.
Achieving an illuminance of 500 lux might be possible in a home kitchen with a single fluorescent lig...Gobo
- A gobo is a thin circular plate with holes cut in it to create patterns of projected light. The name may be derived from a contraction of "go between", or from "GOes Before Optics". Another possible . Used . origin is from the early days of Hollywood. When the Director of Photography wanted daylight excluded from some area of the set, he'd say "GO BlackOut". Members of the crew would run around p. Used . utting black material between the sun and the set.
A gobo may be made from thin metal sheet, usually steel, or from etched glass, depending upon the complexity of the design. Glass gobos often incHouse Lights
- House lights are incandescent or fluorescent floodlights. House lights provide light for the audience before and after performances and during intermissions. Work lights provide general lighting backs. Used . tage, or in the house. House lights are often controlled by dimmers, but are sometimes on simple switches. Work lights are almost always switched only. House and work lights are usually off d. Used . uring performances but are occasionally included in the lighting design to establish focus or emphasize plot elements. ...