Headsets and Beltpacks
- Headsets are simply headphones with an attached mic, usually a noise canceling condenser mic, used for communicating with other crew members during a show or production. Beltpacks provide power to the. Used . headset and allow it to be used remotely. . Used . ...Truss
- A truss is a static structure consisting of straight slender members interconnected at joints into triangular units used for spanning or bracing structural elements.. Used . . Used . ...Recording
- Sound or audio recording is the electrical or mechanical encoding of sound waves and audio signals, usually voice or music for the purpose of reproducing the sounds at a later time. There are two basi. Used . c types of recording, analog in which the signal is variable and continuous, and digital in which the signal is first converted into a binary language.. Used . ...Achromatic
- A lens arrangement designed to decrease chromatic aberration, for example: to set the same focal length for red and blue light at the focal plane. Also, a color having no chroma as in black, white and. Used . grays created by mixing black and white instead of other colors that are made of chromatic pigments.. Used . ...Scaffolding
- Scaffolding is a temporary platform or framework, either supported from below or suspended, that is used to support people and material during the set up and deconstruction of a stage or venue.
. Used .
. Used . ...
Used Video Projectors
Video projectors such as a digital video projector or an LCD projector are an alternative to regular video screens in that they project images directly onto a screen, rather than projecting the video from behind as a television or monitor does. Video projectors use a lens system and project an extremely bright beam of light onto a screen. Modern video projectors such as a 3 chip DLP projector have are extremely intricate and able to correct inconsistencies in the image such as blurriness and curvature. Video projectors are commonly used in concerts and theatres, and they have many other applications in educational and business settings. They can also be used as part of a home theater system.
There are a vast range of different video projectors available. The old CRT projectors are surprisingly still quite widely used, as they are able to project a very large image size, although the bulkiness of the cabinet is not so popular.
For professional use in theatres and concerts, the DLP projector is one of the preferred models. DLP video projectors use 1, 2 or 3 Digital Micromirror Devices, called DMDs, which are essentially microfabricated light valves. The 1 chip DLP projector and the 2 chip DLP projector have been known to experience a problem however ‚?? viewers can sometimes perceive a ‚??rainbow‚?Ě on the projection screen, and so the 3 chip DLP projector is more popular, as this is able to display each primary color in a simultaneous fashion, so the problem doesn‚??t occur.
The LCD flat panel model is perhaps one of the most popular video projectors for home and business use, as it is both affordable and simple to use. Other video projectors include the LCoS projector, LED projectors, Laser Diode projectors and hybrid LED/Laser Diode projectors.