- A patch bay is a panel, usually rack mounted, that uses cable connections to allow technicians to quickly change the physical path of a select signal. Generally, shorter patch cables will plug into fr. Used . ont of the panel, while the back will have have much longer connections to more permanent cables and equipment. . Used . ...Memory Consoles
- Memory-based consoles have become very popular in almost all larger installations, particularly theatres. These new types of controls have completely replaced preset consoles as controllers of choice. Used . . Memory consoles are preferable in productions where scenes do not change from show to show, such as a theatre production, because scenes are designed and digitally recorded, so there is les. Used . s room for human error, and less manpower is required to produce the same result.
Memory consoles have a bank of faders called 'submasters.' These submasters can be programmed to control a single Bump Button
- A lighting console button that performs on action when pressed and another when released. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...Scoop Light
- Scoop lights or Scoops are circular fixtures that do not have any lenses. They have a reflector at the back of the fixture that directs the light out of the fixture. Since they do not have any sort o. Used . f lens system they are cheaper than other fixtures. However, the downside of this makes it so that you can not focus the light at all (even PAR's allow for more control than scoops). . Used . Amphitheatre
- The name amphitheatre (alternatively amphitheater) is given to a public building of the Classical period (being particularly associated with ancient Rome) which was used for spectator sports, games an. Used . d displays.
Apart from function, the important outward distinction between an amphitheatre and a theatre is that an amphitheatre is round or oval in shape (whereas a classical th. Used . eatre was semi-circular). However, an amphitheatre differs from a circus, which was used for racing and looked more like a very long, narrow horse shoe.
The best-known amphitheatre in the world is...