- A term in the international system for a unit of electrical, mechanical, and thermal energy equal to the work done when a current of one ampere is passed through a resistance of one ohm for one second. Used . . Surge protectors are often given joule ratings, but this rating refers only to the amount of energy they can absorb, not what gets through. Its value was calculated originally by James Pr. Used . escott Joule, but the term was first introduced by Dr. Mayer of Heilbronn....Laser
- LASER is acronym for Light Amplified by Stimulated Emission of Radiation and is an optical source that emits photons in a coherent concentrated beam. There are many different kinds of LASERs producing. Used . many different colors, but red is the most common.. Used . ...A1
- A1 is Lighting Industry Forum code for lamps that are origianally recommended for projection.
Here are all the codes:
CP: Film, Television &Photographic studio (3200K)
. Used . A1: Projection
T: Theatre (3000K)
P2: Photoflood (3200K)
K: General Purpose Flood Lighting (2850K) . Used . ...Dimmers and Distro
- Dimmers are devices used to vary the brightness of a light or stage light and are usually controlled remotely by a lighting console or controller by way of a protocol that is usually DMX. A Distro is . Used . a device that distributes power to many devices.. Used . ...Wavelength
- The distance from one point, usually the crest, on a vibrating wave to the same point on the next wave. The shorter the wavelength the higher the frequency and the more directional the wave and vice . Used . versa. Commonly designated by the Greek letter lambda (?), wavelengths are usually measured in Angstroms.. Used . ...