A lot has changed in the past few years ??with more than a little help from Yamaha
. Where analog consoles were the only accepted means of handling serious sound reinforcement applications, high-performance digital consoles such as the Yamaha
PM1D now share the limelight with their analog brothers such as the PM4000, and more recently the PM5000.
Digital consoles are accepted particularly in applications where programmability and recall capability are proving to be of monumental importance. As a small indication of just how much things have changed in the world of professional sound reinforcement, there are more than 400 PM1Ds in use in prestigious halls, broadcast studios, and touring comPani
es around the world (as of March 2004). The accolades keep coming in for other Yamaha
digital consoles, too. The fact that the DM2000 digital production console has received both the coveted TEC (Technical Excellence & Creativity) award and the MIPA (Musikmesse International Press Award) for ??best sound reinforcement console ??indicates how much people have come to embrace the benefits of digital technology.
The PM5D series Digital Mixing Consoles and PM5D-RH
Digital Mixing Consoles now take the digital revolution to the next level. They are smaller relatives of PM1D, offering state-of-the-art digital performance for a significantly broader range of SR applications that require a more dedicated control surface than the DM2000. What's more, they offer a system Solution
that can enhance the entire sound production process from input to output through integration with digital systems such as Yamaha
/dme64n' style='color:blue ; ' title='DME64N'>DME64N and AD8HR.
PM5D - a new dimension in digital live sound has begun.
Since 1887, when it began producing reed organs, the Yamaha Corporation in Japan (then Nippon Gakki Co., Ltd.) has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of a full line of musical instruments, and a leading producer of audio/visual products, semiconductors and other computer related products, sporting goods, home appliances and furniture, specialty metals, machine tools, and industrial robots.
Yamaha now owns 59 subsidiaries and affiliates in overseas markets in addition to numerous related companies in Japan.
Additionally, Yamaha owns and runs its unique resort facilities throughout Japan so as to enhance our customers' leisure and cultural activities. Also, Yamaha provides a place for studying music, sets opportunities for presenting one's own compositions, and creates an environment for the enjoyment of a variety of musical endeavors.
Since Yamaha Music Foundation was established in 1966, it has generated a wide range of music activities throughout global society, including Yamaha music schools, and the Junior Original Concert. Strong commitment to promote and support music education and popularization is one of the most significant elements to distinguish Yamaha from its competitors.
Yamaha has endeavored to produce products and services that satisfy the diverse needs and desires of people worldwide. Its products and services are recognized the world over for superior quality in acoustics, design, technology, craftsmanship, and customer oriented services. These products and services under the brand name of Yamaha are highly regarded by a large number of professionals, institutions, business people within the related industries, and consumers.
Our corporate philosophies are embedded in our customer oriented management and operations; providing excellence in our products and services; continuous efforts to expand our existing market and create new markets; enhancement of research and development on a long range perspective; commitment to care for end users through providing even better service after sale; pursuit of further globalization of Yamaha's business; fostering positive growth through diversification.
Yamaha's very basic corporate objective is reflected in everything that it does, which is to contribute to the enrichment of the quality of lives for people around the world.
- Cyc lights, also known as strip lights are long housings typically containing multiple lamps arranged along the length of the instrument and emitting light perpendicular to its length. Lamps are often. Used . covered with individual gels of multiple colors (somet . Used . ...Effects
- Lighting Effects are devices that are generally used to enhance other lighting or staging devices, like foggers, lasers or pyrotechnics and can also have and effect on setting the mood during a perfor. Used . mance like color changers.
. Used . ...Screens
- Highly reflective screen used for projectors to provide a better, clearer surface or an image to be projected on to.. Used . . Used . ...Moving Lights
- Moving lights or intelligent fixtures were originally implemented in 1972, but the first computer-controlled stage lighting fixtures began to gain widespread acceptance in the concert industry in the . Used . early 1980's. As the digital age progressed, the cost of these fixtures was reduced and they slowly started being used in more 'traditional' theatrical environments. Intelligent fixtures are . Used . currently used in almost all major theatrical productions.
Usually relying on compact arc lamps as a light source, these fixtures generally use stepper motors connected to varying internal devices...Intensity
- Measured in both lux and lumens. For any given luminaire (lighting instrument or fixture), this depends upon the power of the bulb, the design of the instrument (and its corresponding efficiency), the. Used . presence or absence of color gels or gobos, distance from the area to be lit, the color and subtance to be lit, and the neuro-optics of the total scene (that is, the relative contrasts to ot. Used . her regions of illumination). ...
Used Audio Mixers
Audio mixers, or sound consoles, are electronic sound mixing boards used to combine two or more audio signals, before directing them to the output channels connected to the device.
Sound consoles do a great deal more than just combining different audio signals â?? they allow users to optimize the sound output in a number of ways â?? adjusting various sound levels, enhancing sound with special effects and equalization etc, allowing for unmatched control over the end product.
When there is a need for high quality sound control and output, audio mixers are an essential item for audio team. Mixing desks are used on stage in live concerts to combine the sound input from various musical instruments in to a stereo master mix. For TV and movie studios, sound consoles are essential to combine the various sounds from the numerous different microphones that will be used.
Audio mixers are available in a wide range of different shapes, sizes and designs, beginning with smaller units designed for portability, right up to the enormous sound consoles used in recording studios. The term audio mixer actually refers to any kind of sound mixing board, whereas a sound console is usually a device which sits permanently on a desk.
Technicians usually differentiate audio mixers according to how many channels they have. Fairly standard in the recording industry is the 12-channel mixer, in which you can hook up a total of 12 input sources. Sound consoles can also be more specified â?? for example, a 24 x 4 x 2 mixer has 24 inputs, 4 sub-group channels and 2 output channels.