PCM80 is the successor to the highly popular Lexicon
/pcm70' style='color:blue ; ' title='PCM70'>PCM70. Featuring many of the same algorithms and as well as new variations, the PCM80 has become a fixture in studios around the world. I originally purchased the PCM80 for use as my main reverb, but I soon found myself using it for modulated delays, panning, and MIDI-clocked arpeggiated pitch shifting.
Founded in 1971, Lexicon has become one of the world's premier manufacturers of home theater and professional electronics. Innovative technologies, such as LOGIC 7, have helped Lexicon to push the boundaries of home entertainment. Lexicon audio systems are now available in the Rolls Royce Phantom, and LOGIC 7 in models from BMW, Mercedes and Land Rover.
Lexicon is a division of Harman Specialty Group.
- Softare Lighting Consoles act just like hardware lighting consoles except that they are software driver and usually run off of a desktop or laptop computer accompanied by a DMX converter. Lighting con. Used . trol consoles (also called lighting boards or lighting desks) are electronic devices used in theatrical lighting design to control multiple lights at once. They are used throughout the entert. Used . ainment industry and are normally placed at the FOH position or in a control booth. All lighting control consoles can control dimmers which, in turn, control the brightness of the lights. Many modern consoles ...Fresnel Lens
- A Fresnel lens is a type of lens invented by Augustin-Jean Fresnel. Originally developed for lighthouses, the design enables the construction of lenses of large size and short focal length without th. Used . e weight and volume of material which would be required in a lens of conventional design.
The Fresnel lens (often pronounced FREZ-nell but usually the original fre-NELL in theatr. Used . ical and motion picture lighting applications) reduces the amount of material required compared to a conventional spherical lens by breaking the lens into a set of concentric annular sections known as Fresnel Aircraft Landing Light
- A narrow beam PAR lamp (28 volt) that is used on aircraft and often adopted for PAR64 and PAR46 lamps. They are most commonly 4 lamps wired in series to attain the required voltage of the circuit as . Used . close to 120 volts. ACL lamps have a higher intensity, brightness and color temperature than the standard PAR lamp.
ACL lamps are more expensive than standard PARs and have a sho. Used . rter life. XY
- A stereo recording technique using two identical cardioid or directional microphones placed next to each other at an angle of 90 degrees. This method is employed to overcome the coverage problems of . Used . AB recording. The main disadvantage being that audio from the center of the stage arrives at a 45 degree angle to the mics where the response is not as efficient leaving an apparent gap in t. Used . he stereo field. ...Outboard Effects
- Outboard effects hardware is generally used to artificially enhanced or processes sounds or audio signals to artistically emphasize or place the content into a more appropriate signal.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Amp Rack Units
Amp rack units refer to an assortment of rack-mounted or rack-protected PA amplification or sound reinforcement equipment that is set up to work with a mixer and loudspeakers.
An amplifier, also called a power amplifier, is a basic signal processing unit that increases the power of an audio signal to make the sound from a human voice or music louder. A pro audio amplifier is used in professional sound systems as the last active component in the signal chain because it receives input from mixers or other signal processing units, increases the power of the signal, and sends the output to speakers.
There are other types of amplifiers also referred to as amp rack units. A touring amplifier is simply a power amplifier that is designed to withstand conditions that touring musicians are exposed to especially being on the road most of the time. Live power amplifiers are used to support the audio demands of live performances. These amps make help create the unique experience of sound in live concerts.
Some amp rack units are built by combining or adding amplifier modules with other parts. These are amplifier sub-units or parts designed to meet certain specifications. To have a whole amplification unit you may need a transformer, bridge rectifiers and filter capacitors, speaker connectors, input connectors, volume control, heatsink and a suitable rack mount case.