The compact, high-power USW-1
extends the frequency range and power bandwidth of Meyer Sound
reinforcement systems to 40Hz. Accurate and rugged, the Subwoofer
consists of two 15-inch
cone drivers capable of long excursion with extremely low distortion, housed in a heavily braced five cubic foot vented
enclosure of multiple-ply hardwood. Fitted with handles, the roadworthy cabinet has a durable, textured finish and, optionally, aircraft-style rigging pan fittings
for ease of installation. The USW-1
requires a professional quality
power amplifier capable of delivering up to 400 watts into 4 ohms (this normally corresponds to a 250 watt/8 ohm rating),
with a signal voltage gain of 20 dB (Minim
um) to 30 dB (maximum).
Used Meyer Sound
Established by John and Helen Meyer in 1979, Meyer Sound has been at the forefront of innovation in audio engineering for over two decades. From the outset, Meyer Sound looked beyond loudspeaker cabinet design to create totally integrated, systems-comprehensive solutions that encompass transducer design, signal processing, power amplification and even electroacoustic measurement systems. As a result, Meyer Sound's engineering teams have earned an enviable reputation for developing unique, innovative solutions to some of the most difficult problems confronting audio professionals.
In fact, it is fundamental to John Meyer's philosophy that no component of a system should be compromised in order to compensate for variables "upstream" or "downstream." Instead, the entire system should be conceived, designed, tested, confirmed and manufactured as a whole to provide the optimum blend of audio fidelity, utility and long-term reliability.
Compression and Dynamics
- Compression is the reduction of the dynamic range of a sound to avoid unintentional changes and increases in the amplitude. Compression is generally used to make an audio signal sound louder without i. Used . ncreasing its peak amplitude. By compressing or limiting the peak signals, it becomes possible to increase the overall volume of the signal without exceeding the dynamic limits of a device or. Used . medium. This causes quiet sounds to become louder, while louder sounds remain unchanged....Hertz
- A unit of measure for frequency generally applied to waveforms, one Hertz is equal to one cycle in one second. It is abbreviated Hz so that 100 Hz would be 100 cycles per second. However, the unit m. Used . ay be applied to periodic events other than waveforms like the second hand on a clock, which would cycle at 1 Hz, or a human heart that may beat at 1.2 Hz. Named after the German physicist H. Used . einrich Rudolf Hertz, the name was established in 1930, but did not replace the term cycles per second until the 1970s.
...1000 - 5000 Lumens
- A projector that produces 1000 - 5000 lumens of light.. Used . . Used . ...Pattern
- Pattern refers to the shape, quality and evenness of a lamp's output. The pattern of light an instrument makes is largely determined by three factors. The first are the specifics of the bulb, reflecto. Used . r and lens assembly. Different mounting positions for the bulb (axial, base up, base down), different sizes and shapes of reflector and the nature of the lens (or lenses) being used can all a. Used . ffect the pattern of light. Secondly, the specifics of how the lamp is focused affect its pattern. In Ellipsoidal Reflector Spotlights (ERS) and their derivatives (see below), there are two beams of light emit...Stepper Motor
- A stepper motor is a type of electric motor that is used when something has to be positioned very precisely or rotated by an exact angle.
In a stepper motor, an internal rotor containing. Used . permanent magnets is controlled by a set of stationary electromagnets that are switched electronically. Hence, it is a cross between a DC electric motor and a solenoid. Stepper motors do not. Used . use brushes and commutators.
Stepper motors have a fixed number of magnetic poles that determine the number of steps per revolution. Most common stepper motors have 200 full steps/revolution, mea
Find used speaker subs and subwoofers from popular brands as JBL, Turbosound, EAW and more. All used speakers we carry are warrantied and in most cases inspected by factory certified technicians.
Solaris sells and buys secondhand and used speaker subs for use in churches, clubs, theaters and other large events and shows. Call us if you don't find it and we will find it for you.