The compact, high-power USW-1
extends the frequency range and power bandwidth of Meyer Sound
reinforcement systems to 40Hz. Accurate and rugged, the Subwoofer
consists of two 15-inch
cone drivers capable of long excursion with extremely low distortion, housed in a heavily braced five cubic foot vented
enclosure of multiple-ply hardwood. Fitted with handles, the roadworthy cabinet has a durable, textured finish and, optionally, aircraft-style rigging pan fittings
for ease of installation. The USW-1
requires a professional quality
power amplifier capable of delivering up to 400 watts into 4 ohms (this normally corresponds to a 250 watt/8 ohm rating),
with a signal voltage gain of 20 dB (Minim
um) to 30 dB (maximum).
Used Meyer Sound
Established by John and Helen Meyer in 1979, Meyer Sound has been at the forefront of innovation in audio engineering for over two decades. From the outset, Meyer Sound looked beyond loudspeaker cabinet design to create totally integrated, systems-comprehensive solutions that encompass transducer design, signal processing, power amplification and even electroacoustic measurement systems. As a result, Meyer Sound's engineering teams have earned an enviable reputation for developing unique, innovative solutions to some of the most difficult problems confronting audio professionals.
In fact, it is fundamental to John Meyer's philosophy that no component of a system should be compromised in order to compensate for variables "upstream" or "downstream." Instead, the entire system should be conceived, designed, tested, confirmed and manufactured as a whole to provide the optimum blend of audio fidelity, utility and long-term reliability.
Small Format Mixers
- Small format mixers are audio mixers having 24 or less channels for input/output.. Used . . Used . ...Zone System
- A unique method introduced by photographers Ansel Adams and Fred Archer around 1940 for determining the best exposure and correct development for an individual photograph by way of analysiing the subj. Used . ects luminosities in terms of ten gray tones or “zones” labled 0 to IX or zero to nine and visualizing them as print densities. The zone system gives photographers a systematic method for ac. Used . curately identifing the relationship between the way they see the photographic subject and the results they achieve in their finished works....Folding
- A folding truss is a truss that folds for easy storage and transport.. Used . . Used . ...Scanner
- A common term for a moving mirror stage/concert light. This light in particular is common is clubs, discos and lounges. As opposed to the moving head lights that are more common for theatre, concerts. Used . and stage events. . Used . 10-Bit DMX
- A value or parameter using two DMX channels for control.. Used . . Used . ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.