The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
- A lighting console button that performs on action when pressed and another when released. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...WYSIWYG
- Acronym for "What You See Is What You Get," that is used in computing to describe a system where the content during editing appears very similar to the final product. Often employed in the context of . Used . software tools for lighting design and production administration or applied to TTL (through the lens) camera systems where the viewfinders have 100% film frame coverage. WYSIWYG lighting sof. Used . tware usually has fantastic 3D rendering of lighting states and direct connections to lighting consoles, enabling accurate visualisation of lighting designs. WYSIWYGs significantly increase the connection b...PAR
- PAR is an acronym referring to "Parabolic Aluminized Reflector" which describes the mirror configuration. PAR lights resemble car headlights. They possess a lens, but the lens is an integral part of t. Used . he lamp and its position relative to the filament canno . Used . ...Compression and Dynamics
- Compression is the reduction of the dynamic range of a sound to avoid unintentional changes and increases in the amplitude. Compression is generally used to make an audio signal sound louder without i. Used . ncreasing its peak amplitude. By compressing or limiting the peak signals, it becomes possible to increase the overall volume of the signal without exceeding the dynamic limits of a device or. Used . medium. This causes quiet sounds to become louder, while louder sounds remain unchanged....Prime Lens
- A lens whose focal length is fixed. Prime lenses are not as versatile as zoom lenses, but are generally superior in optical quality. This is due to the simplisity of design with fewer moving parts th. Used . at can be optimized for one specific focal length. . Used . ...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.