The M2 is a 2-way high performance stage monitor, with a peak sound pressure level of 143 dB. Its design uses a low height cabinet, achieves a constant directivity of 45deg x 60deg > 600 Hz and significantly raises the feedback stability margin. Together with the cabinets baffle angle of 40deg (to floor), the dispersion performance offers a realistic artist listening area starting directly above the cabinet and reaching quite far upstage. The result is a loudspeaker system with remarkable vocal presence, clarity and neutral, balanced sound. The M2 cabinet is constructed from marine plywood, incorporates handles and has an impact resistant paint finish. Two fittings, which accept ball-lock shackle pins, are located on each side of the cabinet allowing quick and flexible rigging
Used D and B Audiotechnik
d&b audiotechnik has been developing, manufacturing and distributing loudspeaker systems since 1981. The company operates internationally in the field of electroacoustics to produce high quality products for reinforcement of speech and music. Through the amalgamation of technological developments, system integration principals, quality of construction and standards of service, d&b pursues a systems approach that includes all aspects of design, development, manufacture and support. d&b's loudspeakers are used globally in rental and installation markets for events, multimedia, musicals, concert halls, theatres, opera houses, broadcast and everything from the smallest conference room to the largest stadium.
- Pre-rig Trusses have bars with lights and other gear attached so that they can be lowered into a suitable operating position for a show or raised to store or transport without having to remove the gea. Used . r from the truss.. Used . ...Adaptor
- A connector allowing more than 2 electrical devices to be connected to a single power source. These connections are normally in parallel (each device is given the same voltage levels), but current is . Used . divided between them. Also known as a "Twofer".
3-way splitters are known as "Threefers".. Used . ...Hoist
- A hoist is a device used for lifting or lowering a load by means of a drum or barrel around which rope or chain wraps. It may be manually operated, electrically or pneumatically driven and may use cha. Used . in, fiber or wire rope as its lifting medium.
A hoist normally is used for lifting (near vertical) and a winch is normally used for pulling (near horizontal).
. Used . ...Circular
- A circular truss is a truss that is shaped like a circle and generally used in large open venues where the stage can be viewed from many angles.. Used . . Used . ...Club Systems
- A club system is an all in one audio or lighting set up designed for permanent installation in a nightclub or similar venue. Used . . Used . ...
Monitors are commonly known as ‚??stage monitors‚?Ě. Stage monitors are the speakers used on stage that are directed towards the performers so that they can hear themselves while playing. This allows them to monitor how well they are playing. Usually, the monitor speaker is needed when instruments with amplifiers are used in combination with acoustic instruments and the voice. These monitors on stage usually have built in amplifiers and equalizers. These monitors specifically highlight the vocals and the sound of the acoustic instruments so they won‚??t be enveloped completely by the drums or the other electronic instruments. The audio wedge, wedge monitor, stage wedge, amplifiers, equalizers and monitor mixers all comprise the stage monitor system.
There are two types of monitor speakers: the floor monitors and side fill monitors. Usually speakers on stage are heavy duty and require high input power to be able to generate high volume sounds. The floor monitors are the speakers that are placed on the floor. They are compact with the angle back design. Because of its angle appearance, it is also known as ‚??wedge‚?Ě. The smaller singular speakers are called the ‚??hot spot‚?Ě monitor that is usually placed on the microphone stand so the performers can easily hear themselves. The two way heavy duty speakers have the woofer and the high frequency horn. The side fill monitors are those found at the upright side of the stage and these allow sound to be heard in places that the floor monitors cannot cover.