The M2 is a 2-way high performance stage monitor, with a peak sound pressure level of 143 dB. Its design uses a low height cabinet, achieves a constant directivity of 45deg x 60deg > 600 Hz and significantly raises the feedback stability margin. Together with the cabinets baffle angle of 40deg (to floor), the dispersion performance offers a realistic artist listening area starting directly above the cabinet and reaching quite far upstage. The result is a loudspeaker system with remarkable vocal presence, clarity and neutral, balanced sound. The M2 cabinet is constructed from marine plywood, incorporates handles and has an impact resistant paint finish. Two fittings, which accept ball-lock shackle pins, are located on each side of the cabinet allowing quick and flexible rigging
Used D and B Audiotechnik
d&b audiotechnik has been developing, manufacturing and distributing loudspeaker systems since 1981. The company operates internationally in the field of electroacoustics to produce high quality products for reinforcement of speech and music. Through the amalgamation of technological developments, system integration principals, quality of construction and standards of service, d&b pursues a systems approach that includes all aspects of design, development, manufacture and support. d&b's loudspeakers are used globally in rental and installation markets for events, multimedia, musicals, concert halls, theatres, opera houses, broadcast and everything from the smallest conference room to the largest stadium.
Drivers and Horns
- Drivers and Horns are speakers designed to produce high frequency audio usually around 3-5 kHz and up to 20 kHz. Horns are usually in the shape of a long corn and look somewhat like the horn of a mus. Used . ical instrument. . Used . ...Laser
- LASER is acronym for Light Amplified by Stimulated Emission of Radiation and is an optical source that emits photons in a coherent concentrated beam. There are many different kinds of LASERs producing. Used . many different colors, but red is the most common.. Used . ...Amp Module
- An amp module is an individual amplifier, usually rack mountable, but may also be a stand alone amplifier.. Used . . Used . ...Base Station
- A base station is a device used to centralize and process communication signals and information between crew members. . Used . . Used . ...Acoustics
- Acoustics is a branch of physics and is the study of sound, mechanical waves in gases, liquids, and solids. A scientist who works in the field of acoustics is an acoustician. The application of acoust. Used . ics in technology is called acoustical engineering. There is often much overlap and interaction between the interests of acousticians and acoustical engineers.
"... acoustics is . Used . characterized by its reliance on combinations of physical principles drawn from other sources; and that the primary task of modern physical acoustics is to effect a fusion of the principles normally adhering t...
Monitors are commonly known as ‚??stage monitors‚?Ě. Stage monitors are the speakers used on stage that are directed towards the performers so that they can hear themselves while playing. This allows them to monitor how well they are playing. Usually, the monitor speaker is needed when instruments with amplifiers are used in combination with acoustic instruments and the voice. These monitors on stage usually have built in amplifiers and equalizers. These monitors specifically highlight the vocals and the sound of the acoustic instruments so they won‚??t be enveloped completely by the drums or the other electronic instruments. The audio wedge, wedge monitor, stage wedge, amplifiers, equalizers and monitor mixers all comprise the stage monitor system.
There are two types of monitor speakers: the floor monitors and side fill monitors. Usually speakers on stage are heavy duty and require high input power to be able to generate high volume sounds. The floor monitors are the speakers that are placed on the floor. They are compact with the angle back design. Because of its angle appearance, it is also known as ‚??wedge‚?Ě. The smaller singular speakers are called the ‚??hot spot‚?Ě monitor that is usually placed on the microphone stand so the performers can easily hear themselves. The two way heavy duty speakers have the woofer and the high frequency horn. The side fill monitors are those found at the upright side of the stage and these allow sound to be heard in places that the floor monitors cannot cover.