- A stereo recording technique. Two microphones of the same make and model are located next to one another in , and point in the same direction. The left mic is panned hard left on the mixer. The right. Used . mic is panned hard right.
This technique has flaws, such as audio reflections from each mic which can cause comb filtering (narrow coverage). This can be somewhat corrected by s. Used . pacing the mics out, but this will not fully correct the problem and can lead to muddy sound from delay artifacts. Frequency
- The measurement of the number of times a repeated event, generally a waveform, occurs in a given time frame usually expressed in Hertz, abbreviated Hz, or cycles per second. . Used . . Used . ...Intelligent Fixtures
- Intelligent Fixtures or Moving Lights were originally implemented in 1972, but the first computer-controlled stage lighting fixtures began to gain widespread acceptance in the concert industry in the . Used . early 1980's. As the digital age progressed, the cost of these fixtures was reduced and they slowly started being used in more 'traditional' theatrical environments. Intelligent fixtures are . Used . currently used in almost all major theatrical productions.
Usually relying on compact arc lamps as a light source, these fixtures generally use stepper motors connected to varying internal devices...Lux
- The lux (symbol: lx) is the SI derived unit of illuminance or illumination. It is equal to one lumen per square metre.
The difference between the lux and the lumen is that the lux takes i. Used . nto account the area over which the luminous flux is spread. 1000 lumens, concentrated into an area of one square metre, lights up that square metre with an illuminance of 1000 lux. The same . Used . 1000 lumens, spread out over ten square metres, produces a dimmer illuminance of only 100 lux.
Achieving an illuminance of 500 lux might be possible in a home kitchen with a single fluorescent lig...Platforms
- Some stages are made up of many smaller table like platforms so they can be easily transported or stored. These platforms are generally used in the forming of large stages, are fastened together, com. Used . e in different hights and widths and have different materials for their surface, like woods and canvases. . Used . ...