The LF115-8A is the perfect low frequency comPani
on for theDS912-8A
. Equipped with a 15 inch / 380 mm low frequency
speaker housed in a durable 18 mm / 13-Ply Poplar cabinet, the
LF115-8A offers affordable system expansion in an easy-to-install
package. The LF115-8A will complement the low frequency
performance in Auditorium and House of Worship systems.Altec Lansing
's high performance model 4156-8A
woofer is a 15
inch / 380 mm speaker with a robust corrosion-resistant die-cast
frame and a weather-resistant cone for maximum durability in all
The unique on-board crossover network provides simplistic addonOpera
tion without the need for an additional power amplifier
channel or the costs associated with additional amplification and
an active crossover. The charcoal grey or white painted cabinet
blends into most backgrounds, or it can be easily painted to
match any dcor. Altec Lansing
includes neutral grille cloth with
each speaker, allowing you to dye the cloth to integrate the
speaker into the surroundings. The cabinet also features internal
hanging points to facilitate permanent installation in either a
horizontal or vertical orientation.
Used Altec Lansing
Established in 1937, today Altec Lansing Professional is a leading manufacturer of high performance, high quality professional audio systems and components. Altec Lansing traces its history to the group of Western ElectricÂ® engineers who developed the first commercial professional sound system for the movie "The Jazz Singer" starring Al Jolson. This "talkie" revolutionized motion picture sound, and marked the starting point of the twentieth century audio revolution.
Altec Lansing celebrates the company's rich heritage in the professional audio industry. Our history of technological innovation is unmatched.
- A type of discharge lamp with high output generally used in Strobe lights and flashes, though sometimes found in some followspots. These lamps utilize an internal electrical discharge passed between . Used . electrodes suspended in xenon gas. Xenon lamps have a color temperature of between 5600 - 6500°K and produce extremely intense, incoherent, full-spectrum white light usually for very short d. Used . urations. ...Smoke Machine
- A Smoke Machine or Fogger is an electrical device that creates clouds of artificual and hopefully non-toxic fog. The fog may come in different colors or smells and may be water or mineral based. It i. Used . s used for effects in theatre, staging, concerts and clubs.
Hazers by contrast create a more diffusive, expansive haze that is usually not a thick and is used to enhance other ef. Used . fects, such as lighting and light beams. Dimmer
- Dimmers are devices used to vary the voltage running to a light. By decreasing or increasing the voltage to the lamp it is possible to vary the intensity of the lamp. Changes in intensity are called “. Used . fades” and can be “fade ups” or “fade downs.” Although variable-voltage devices are used for various purposes, the term dimmer is generally associated with lighting control. Small dimmers are. Used . seen more and more in the home. These have traditionally been actuated by direct control. The advent of X-10 technology is making remote control of home dimmers possible. A digital signal is imposed on the ho...Controllers
- A hoist or motor controller is a machine for raising and lowering personnel or gear by means of a cable for the purpose of setting the gear in place on a truss or stage.
. Used . . Used . ...Delay
- Delay is an audio effect which records a signal or sound and then plays it back after a period of time. The delayed signal may be played back multiple times or looped back into the recording again to . Used . create the sound of a repeating decaying echo. Unlike reverb, which uses reflected sound to produce many echos, delay has greater control over the number of times the sound is echoed. . Used . ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.