Sometimes there's just no substitute for experience. Live sound puts special demands on both equipment and personnel, because there's no second take, and because anything less than total reliability can mean disaster. Then there's the physical punishment of touring, and the need to work in a wide variety of environments.
After more the 25 years of designing and building mixers for professional live sound, Soundcraft has earned a reputation that's second to none, because we Listen
to engineers at the cutting edge, and take notice. The k2 is our most cost-effective fully-featured 8-bus live console ever, taking advantage of Soundcraft's long experience in live sound to deliver, in a straightforward package, all the facilities you need for a first-rate production.
The k2 includes many features that you'd expect only on a much bigger console - like an advanced solo system, true left-centre-right bussing, a built-in Matrix
, and full 4-band EQ - equipping it for a range of applications from touring with bands to fixed installations in theatres, clubs, or places of worship. The desk is available in three frame sizes from 24 to 48 mono input channels, with an additional eight stereo input channels.
Founded in 1973, Soundcraft first made its mark with the launch of the Series 1, the first mixing console in a flightcase. Back in the early 70's, the music touring business was just beginning - and the transportable mixing desk quickly became popular among the bands and the new PA companies that were springing up to rent out sound equipment.
From what was then a small company in central London, Soundcraft expanded and started to diversify. The company designed a mixer for recording - the Series 2 - and began to build a reputation for great-sounding desks, which is often referred to as the favoured 'British Sound'.
Design and innovation has always been one of Soundcraft's major strengths. Over the years it has introduced a number of industry-favoured consoles such as the Series 4, 2400, TS24, 8000, 200B, 6000, Delta, SAC200 and the Spirit Folio range, and more recently the Series FIVE, FIVE Monitor and Broadway.
Today Soundcraft has a network of 88 distributors selling and supporting its products world-wide. Part of the Harman Pro Group, Soundcraft is still very much the dedicated professional mixing console designer and manufacturer it was back in 1973. It now boasts a range of mixers which are designed for use in live sound, recording, post-production, TV and radio production and disco applications.
Harman is an international company which comprises a group of dedicated manufacturers of audio equipment spanning professional audio, in-car systems, multimedia and hi-fi consumer products.
- Some stages are made up of many smaller table like platforms so they can be easily transported or stored. These platforms are generally used in the forming of large stages, are fastened together, com. Used . e in different hights and widths and have different materials for their surface, like woods and canvases. . Used . ...Polarity
- The polarity of an object is, in general, its physical alignment. The term is often used to describe the positive and negative ends of batteries and magnets.
In cell biology, polarity ref. Used . ers to cells not being point-symmetrical in their spatial organization. This is particularly evident for cells organized in single cell layers that separate organs or subcompartments in organ. Used . isms.
In chemistry, molecular polarity refers to the dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positive end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Mole...Box
- A box truss is square in shape like a box in cross section and is useful for touring as gear can be hung inside the truss which protects it when loading and takes up less space in the truck.. Used . . Used . ...Lighting Control Console
- Lighting control consoles (also called lighting boards or lighting desks) are electronic devices used in theatrical lighting design to control multiple lights at once. They are used throughout the ent. Used . ertainment industry and are normally placed at the FOH position or in a control booth. All lighting control consoles can control dimmers which, in turn, control the brightness of the lights. . Used . Many modern consoles can also control intelligent lights (lights that can move and change colors), fog machines and hazers, and other special effects devices. Consoles communicate with the dimmers and other de...Bump Button
- A lighting console button that performs on action when pressed and another when released. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Audio Mixers
Audio mixers, or sound consoles, are electronic sound mixing boards used to combine two or more audio signals, before directing them to the output channels connected to the device.
Sound consoles do a great deal more than just combining different audio signals â?? they allow users to optimize the sound output in a number of ways â?? adjusting various sound levels, enhancing sound with special effects and equalization etc, allowing for unmatched control over the end product.
When there is a need for high quality sound control and output, audio mixers are an essential item for audio team. Mixing desks are used on stage in live concerts to combine the sound input from various musical instruments in to a stereo master mix. For TV and movie studios, sound consoles are essential to combine the various sounds from the numerous different microphones that will be used.
Audio mixers are available in a wide range of different shapes, sizes and designs, beginning with smaller units designed for portability, right up to the enormous sound consoles used in recording studios. The term audio mixer actually refers to any kind of sound mixing board, whereas a sound console is usually a device which sits permanently on a desk.
Technicians usually differentiate audio mixers according to how many channels they have. Fairly standard in the recording industry is the 12-channel mixer, in which you can hook up a total of 12 input sources. Sound consoles can also be more specified â?? for example, a 24 x 4 x 2 mixer has 24 inputs, 4 sub-group channels and 2 output channels.