Season again, and the new Hurricane
s are here ready for the new generation of highpower
moving mirror lights, and featuring Tempest's revolutionary DEC3TM control system. Hurricane
protects your scanner anywhere, in any weather.
Used Tempest Lighting
Tempest Lighting, Inc., was created to bring you, the entertainment lighting consumer, the widest range of options for your outdoor lighting creations. All of our products are designed to enable permanent outdoor installation of intelligent and theatrical lighting fixtures. With equipment like this in your tool box, there will be no longer be restrictions placed on your lighting fantasies.
- Audio is the science and art of recording or reproducing sound through mechanical or electronic means. The field includes many disciplines, such as electrical engineering, acoustics, and music with de. Used . sign, installation and operation of sound recording and reproduction equipment as the focus. . Used . ...Backlight
- Light that comes from the upstage, behind all actors and scenery. It helps to separate them from the back drop.
Light coming from upstage, behind scenery or actors, to sculpt and separat. Used . e them from the background. Used . ...Achromatic
- A lens arrangement designed to decrease chromatic aberration, for example: to set the same focal length for red and blue light at the focal plane. Also, a color having no chroma as in black, white and. Used . grays created by mixing black and white instead of other colors that are made of chromatic pigments.. Used . ...Wing
- A breakout box or extension console that expands the current consoles capabilities by adding additional tactile faders and controls. Generally applied to lighting control consoles and adapted from a . Used . theater term used to describe the sides of the stage not visible to the audience where the actors make their entrances. . Used . ...Adaptor
- A connector allowing more than 2 electrical devices to be connected to a single power source. These connections are normally in parallel (each device is given the same voltage levels), but current is . Used . divided between them. Also known as a "Twofer".
3-way splitters are known as "Threefers".. Used . ...
Used Moving Mirror Scanners
Moving Mirror Scanners are often used for club lighting, as well as for stage lighting, and are quite similar in concept to moving lights in that they offer increased versatility and can be used to create more complex special effects than conventional stage lights. Scanners have actually been around for years ‚?? indeed, they were the first ever kind of moving lights, preceding the more popular intelligent lights that are now used today.
The main different between moving mirror light scanners is that, unlike more modern moving lights that have mechanical light fixtures, scanners rely on ‚??mirrors that move‚?Ě to direct the light beam, rather than moving light components. The fixture of the scanning head light doesn‚??t actually move by itself. Rather, it contains a built in mirror fixed to a pivot point that moves around and directs the beam of light which is focused onto it.
Much like a moving lights, scanners or club lighting can be pre-programmed before a production so that the operator doesn‚??t have to control the light through the duration of the show, though of course some skilled operators prefer to operate the lights manually, during the performance, if they have the experience to do so.
Scanners are available in a wide range of different sizes, and offer many different types of features to lighting technicians. Features include high-resolution stepping, high-resolution glass gobos with indexing and rotation, color mixing, mechanical dimming, remote focus, electronic strobing and many more.