Season again, and the new Hurricane
s are here ready for the new generation of highpower
moving mirror lights, and featuring Tempest's revolutionary DEC3TM control system. Hurricane
protects your scanner anywhere, in any weather.
Used Tempest Lighting
Tempest Lighting, Inc., was created to bring you, the entertainment lighting consumer, the widest range of options for your outdoor lighting creations. All of our products are designed to enable permanent outdoor installation of intelligent and theatrical lighting fixtures. With equipment like this in your tool box, there will be no longer be restrictions placed on your lighting fantasies.
- Pre-rig Trusses have bars with lights and other gear attached so that they can be lowered into a suitable operating position for a show or raised to store or transport without having to remove the gea. Used . r from the truss.. Used . ...Moving Heads
- A moving head is an intelligent light mounted on a moving yoke and generally remotely controlled by a lighting control console or preprogrammed to perform a large variety of effects and operations. A . Used . single moving head luminary can replace the functions of many conventional lights and can often perform tasks conventional lights can not. Most modern moving head luminaries utilize DMX-512 s. Used . ignals for control, but some can be controlled by way of analog signals as well.
- A set of cues that loops again and again. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...Stepper Motor
- A stepper motor is a type of electric motor that is used when something has to be positioned very precisely or rotated by an exact angle.
In a stepper motor, an internal rotor containing. Used . permanent magnets is controlled by a set of stationary electromagnets that are switched electronically. Hence, it is a cross between a DC electric motor and a solenoid. Stepper motors do not. Used . use brushes and commutators.
Stepper motors have a fixed number of magnetic poles that determine the number of steps per revolution. Most common stepper motors have 200 full steps/revolution, meaDepth of Field
- While a lens focuses on a single plane of depth, there is usually an additional area in focus behind and in front of that plane. This is depth of field. Depth of field increases as the iris is closed.. Used . There is more depth of field the wider the lens and le . Used . ...
Used Moving Mirror Scanners
Moving Mirror Scanners are often used for club lighting, as well as for stage lighting, and are quite similar in concept to moving lights in that they offer increased versatility and can be used to create more complex special effects than conventional stage lights. Scanners have actually been around for years ‚?? indeed, they were the first ever kind of moving lights, preceding the more popular intelligent lights that are now used today.
The main different between moving mirror light scanners is that, unlike more modern moving lights that have mechanical light fixtures, scanners rely on ‚??mirrors that move‚?Ě to direct the light beam, rather than moving light components. The fixture of the scanning head light doesn‚??t actually move by itself. Rather, it contains a built in mirror fixed to a pivot point that moves around and directs the beam of light which is focused onto it.
Much like a moving lights, scanners or club lighting can be pre-programmed before a production so that the operator doesn‚??t have to control the light through the duration of the show, though of course some skilled operators prefer to operate the lights manually, during the performance, if they have the experience to do so.
Scanners are available in a wide range of different sizes, and offer many different types of features to lighting technicians. Features include high-resolution stepping, high-resolution glass gobos with indexing and rotation, color mixing, mechanical dimming, remote focus, electronic strobing and many more.