Season again, and the new Hurricane
s are here ready for the new generation of highpower
moving mirror lights, and featuring Tempest's revolutionary DEC3TM control system. Hurricane
protects your scanner anywhere, in any weather.
Used Tempest Lighting
Tempest Lighting, Inc., was created to bring you, the entertainment lighting consumer, the widest range of options for your outdoor lighting creations. All of our products are designed to enable permanent outdoor installation of intelligent and theatrical lighting fixtures. With equipment like this in your tool box, there will be no longer be restrictions placed on your lighting fantasies.
- An amp module is an individual amplifier, usually rack mountable, but may also be a stand alone amplifier.. Used . . Used . ...Moving Lights
- Moving lights or intelligent fixtures were originally implemented in 1972, but the first computer-controlled stage lighting fixtures began to gain widespread acceptance in the concert industry in the . Used . early 1980's. As the digital age progressed, the cost of these fixtures was reduced and they slowly started being used in more 'traditional' theatrical environments. Intelligent fixtures are . Used . currently used in almost all major theatrical productions.
Usually relying on compact arc lamps as a light source, these fixtures generally use stepper motors connected to varying internal devices...Tungsten
- Tungsten (formerly wolfram) is a chemical element in the periodic table that has the symbol W (L. wolframium) and atomic number 74. A very hard, heavy, steel-gray to white transition metal, tungsten i. Used . s found in several ores including wolframite and scheelite and is remarkable for its robust physical properties. The pure form is used mainly in electrical applications but its many compounds. Used . and alloys are widely used in many applications (most notably in light bulb filaments and in space-age superalloys).
Pure tungsten is steel-gray to tin-white and is a hard metal. Tungsten can be ...Scoop Light
- Scoop lights or Scoops are circular fixtures that do not have any lenses. They have a reflector at the back of the fixture that directs the light out of the fixture. Since they do not have any sort o. Used . f lens system they are cheaper than other fixtures. However, the downside of this makes it so that you can not focus the light at all (even PAR's allow for more control than scoops). . Used . Cue
- Generally, a lighting board operator has a cue sheet for each scene, which is a diagram of the board with the faders in their positions as determined by the lighting designer. The operator sets the fa. Used . ders into their positions based on the cue sheets. Typically during a cue, the operator sets the next scene. Then, the operator makes the transition between the scenes using the cross-fader.. Used . ...
Used Moving Mirror Scanners
Moving Mirror Scanners are often used for club lighting, as well as for stage lighting, and are quite similar in concept to moving lights in that they offer increased versatility and can be used to create more complex special effects than conventional stage lights. Scanners have actually been around for years ‚?? indeed, they were the first ever kind of moving lights, preceding the more popular intelligent lights that are now used today.
The main different between moving mirror light scanners is that, unlike more modern moving lights that have mechanical light fixtures, scanners rely on ‚??mirrors that move‚?Ě to direct the light beam, rather than moving light components. The fixture of the scanning head light doesn‚??t actually move by itself. Rather, it contains a built in mirror fixed to a pivot point that moves around and directs the beam of light which is focused onto it.
Much like a moving lights, scanners or club lighting can be pre-programmed before a production so that the operator doesn‚??t have to control the light through the duration of the show, though of course some skilled operators prefer to operate the lights manually, during the performance, if they have the experience to do so.
Scanners are available in a wide range of different sizes, and offer many different types of features to lighting technicians. Features include high-resolution stepping, high-resolution glass gobos with indexing and rotation, color mixing, mechanical dimming, remote focus, electronic strobing and many more.