Season again, and the new Hurricane
s are here ready for the new generation of highpower
moving mirror lights, and featuring Tempest's revolutionary DEC3TM control system. Hurricane
protects your scanner anywhere, in any weather.
Used Tempest Lighting
Tempest Lighting, Inc., was created to bring you, the entertainment lighting consumer, the widest range of options for your outdoor lighting creations. All of our products are designed to enable permanent outdoor installation of intelligent and theatrical lighting fixtures. With equipment like this in your tool box, there will be no longer be restrictions placed on your lighting fantasies.
- The metal strip running over the top and on both sides of a light to which the G-Clamp is attached. . Used . . Used . ...Speaker
- A speaker is a device that converts an electrical signal into the equivalent air vibrations in order to make audible sound.. Used . . Used . ...Compression and Dynamics
- Compression is the reduction of the dynamic range of a sound to avoid unintentional changes and increases in the amplitude. Compression is generally used to make an audio signal sound louder without i. Used . ncreasing its peak amplitude. By compressing or limiting the peak signals, it becomes possible to increase the overall volume of the signal without exceeding the dynamic limits of a device or. Used . medium. This causes quiet sounds to become louder, while louder sounds remain unchanged....Ohm
- A unit of measurement for the electrical resistance equal to that of a conductor in which a current of one ampere is produced by a potential of one volt across its terminals. One ohm is the resistanc. Used . e in a circuit when one volt maintains a current of one amp. The unit, originally ohma or ohmad, was first used by Charles Tilston Bright and Latimer Clark in 1861 and is still in use today.. Used . ...Limelight
- An early type of stage light in which an intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, also called calcium oxide, which can be raised to white incandesce. Used . nce heat without melting to producing brilliant illumination. The limelight effect was discovered early in the nineteenth century by Goldsworthy Gurney. A Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond. Used . , realized that the light would be useful for surveying and built a working version in 1826. Therefore, the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light. The Limelights first theatrical use was in 1837 at ...
Used Moving Mirror Scanners
Moving Mirror Scanners are often used for club lighting, as well as for stage lighting, and are quite similar in concept to moving lights in that they offer increased versatility and can be used to create more complex special effects than conventional stage lights. Scanners have actually been around for years ‚?? indeed, they were the first ever kind of moving lights, preceding the more popular intelligent lights that are now used today.
The main different between moving mirror light scanners is that, unlike more modern moving lights that have mechanical light fixtures, scanners rely on ‚??mirrors that move‚?Ě to direct the light beam, rather than moving light components. The fixture of the scanning head light doesn‚??t actually move by itself. Rather, it contains a built in mirror fixed to a pivot point that moves around and directs the beam of light which is focused onto it.
Much like a moving lights, scanners or club lighting can be pre-programmed before a production so that the operator doesn‚??t have to control the light through the duration of the show, though of course some skilled operators prefer to operate the lights manually, during the performance, if they have the experience to do so.
Scanners are available in a wide range of different sizes, and offer many different types of features to lighting technicians. Features include high-resolution stepping, high-resolution glass gobos with indexing and rotation, color mixing, mechanical dimming, remote focus, electronic strobing and many more.