12 x 12 OD Box Style
1.9 OD 6061-T6 Aluminum Tube Schd #40
1.05 OD Aluminum Bracing
.145 Wall Thickness
Highly Polished Aluminum Tubing
Custom Lengths & Corners Available
Used Applied Electronics
Applied Electronics manufactures and distributes trussing, portable crank lifts, ground support systems, roof systems, dimmers, lighting controllers, power distribution and other accessories.
Applied Electronics supply equipment to Production professionals, Rental Companies, Arena, Film, Television, Schools, Churches, Retail and the Trade show industries.
- A high powered light source produced by an arcing electrical discharge between two electrodes suspended in a glass tube filled with gas, usually high or low pressure sodium gas, xenon, mercury vapor, . Used . or metal halide. This type of illumination is limited to applications such as followspots and projection, where dimming is accomplished by mechanical instruments. Many newer generation mov. Used . ing lights use discharge lamps, dichroic filters and mechanical dimming shutters....House Lights
- House lights are incandescent or fluorescent floodlights. House lights provide light for the audience before and after performances and during intermissions. Work lights provide general lighting backs. Used . tage, or in the house. House lights are often controlled by dimmers, but are sometimes on simple switches. Work lights are almost always switched only. House and work lights are usually off d. Used . uring performances but are occasionally included in the lighting design to establish focus or emphasize plot elements. ...Revelation of Form
- Altering the perception of shapes onstage, particularly three-dimensional stage elements. . Used . . Used . ...Backline
- Backline is equipment that is located behind a live band while they are performing. Such examples of backline include amps for guitars and basses. It is the equipment that the band needs aside from . Used . the actual instruments that they are holding and using and the PA and FOH desks.
. Used . ...Polarity
- The polarity of an object is, in general, its physical alignment. The term is often used to describe the positive and negative ends of batteries and magnets.
In cell biology, polarity ref. Used . ers to cells not being point-symmetrical in their spatial organization. This is particularly evident for cells organized in single cell layers that separate organs or subcompartments in organ. Used . isms.
In chemistry, molecular polarity refers to the dipole-dipole intermolecular forces between the slightly positive end of one molecule to the negative end of another or the same molecule. Mole...
Used Box Truss
Box truss are used in the construction of concert and theatre stages, designed to make the stage extremely strong and able to bear heavy loads that enable the stage to support various types of props and equipment that will be used during the performance.
Also called a stage truss, the box truss has many other uses in addition to concert stages. These include electric power pylons, bridges, radio antennas and even in the fuselage of aircraft. The reason they are so popular is due to their design. Basically, a box truss is constructed of three chords (or more), which are supported by diagonal structural elements in order to increase their strength.
The box truss is able to support far greater loads than what a concert stage without trusses would be able to, thanks to its diagonal supports. They are also more resistant to twisting, buckling and swaying in heavy winds.
There are many different kinds of box truss materials available. One of the most common is the aluminium truss, as this kind of stage truss is lightweight (and so easier to put together) and relatively cheap, yet still able to support very heavy loads.
Different load-bearing capabilities are often used to define a box truss. The 12x12 truss is the standard for a medium-duty truss, although larger sizes are available for a heavy duty truss. Itâ??s also possible to find smaller, light-duty truss sizes.