GL4 with flight case in great condition. Previously used in rentals.
|Condition||Excellent / Few Scratches|
Previously used in rentals and kept in a custom made dock house flight case. Features 40 input channels and 10 auxiliary outputs. Comes with an external power supply in a flight case.
(1) Flight Case
(1) Dust cover
(1) External Power Supply
(1) Power Supply cable
(1) Power Supply Flight Case
GL4 is a dual function live mixer, allowing it to work in front-of-house, monitoring or combined roles. It also provides extensive facilities for live or studio Recording. This great flexibility, coupled with a high 'bang for buck' feature set, made it a popular choice for PA rental companies and multi-function venues. The GL4 design was enhanced and upgraded to the GL4000 in the second half of 1996.
* Dual functionality. GRP/Aux mode switches reverse aux faders with the group and L&R faders giving up to 10 monitor sends with inserts on 100mm faders. A Centre Mode switch converts the 100mm C fader to engineer's Listen wedge control with insert
* Formats: 24, 32 or 40 channels - either all mono or with 8 stereo channels. Was also available part-loaded. Meterbridges were optional
* 8 Audio groups. Assigned from paired routing buttons and pan from channels. Groups access LR & M busses and have XLR outputs with insert. Groups have 3 segment led pre-fade meters and 12 segment, 3 colour peak reading meter access, plus VU meters if meterbridge is fitted
* 10 auxiliaries switchable pre/post fade in blocks: 1-4, 5-8, 9-10
* Left, Right and Mono busses. Available from channels and groups. LR & M have 12 segment, 3 colour peak reading meter access plus VU meters if meterbridge is fitted. GL4 also includes secondary L&R output with level and pre/post fader select on TRS jacks (can swap with the aux 9-10 XLR outs with inserts)
* 11x2 Matrix. Fed from the groups and the LR & M busses
* 8 Mute groups. 8 master mute group buttons with single / multi mode and preview facility. Input channels, auxes, groups and LRM sections all have mute buttons
* 4 band EQ plus HPF. Separate controls for sweep and cut/boost on all sections. HPF is swept from off-20-400 Hz
* Stereo channels. GL4 could be ordered with blocks of 8 stereo channels, each with individual gain input stages for left and right sources
* PAFL system. Stereo PFL with trim
* Talkback. Talk to LRM, groups and auxes. Trim control for mic
* Lamps. 2 BNC lamp sockets are provided
* PSU. The GL4 was supplied with a RPS10 rack mounting (3U) linear Power Supply. A backup RPS10 could be linked via an RPSD Power Supply combiner and auto-switcher
We've built a lot of mixers in the last 35 years or so (over 160,000 at the last count) and we still get a huge buzz out of doing it well. It's an unbeatable feeling to know that at any time of day or night, right across the globe, there is an Allen & Heath mixer out there working hard, sounding great and making life a little easier for the guy at the controls.