The ESPII 60 console is primarily designed for the control of devices featuring DMX input circuitry such as Dimmer
s racks and colour scrollers. Units requiring an analogue input (0 to +10 volts) can also be controlled if the console is fitted with optional analogue outputs.
Jands have been designing, building and operating lighting equipment since we made our first dimmer in 1970. Since then, our products have become a standard feature of lighting rigs the world over.
Whatever country you‚??re in, ask an industry professional about Jands products and you‚??ll get the same response: ‚??reliable, good value, solid and dependable, go-anywhere do-anything, noise-free, just better.‚??
But we don‚??t just offer our own lighting equipment, we‚??ve also identified the best products available from other manufacturers. This is why we can give you the best possible lighting solution, including ETC and Varilite products.
- A term used in Rigging for a short sling used to wrap a beam or truss or the action of wrapping a truss. In film and television production WRAP is an acronym for Wind Reel And Print and announces the. Used . end of a scene or session. . Used . ...Watt
- An international system for the measurement of the amount of power used by a device, usually electrical in nature, equal to one joule per second or one ampere of current flowing at one volt. The watt. Used . is named after James Watt for his contributions to the development of the steam engine and in turn its contribution to electrical power.. Used . ...Active
- A active circuit works with an external power supply and usually at low power. A passive circuit operates directly on a signal using the power coming from the surrounding circuitry.
This is the . Used . reason why an active crossover is, for the most part, placed before amps, containing integrated circuits (and line level signal processing). On the other hand a passive crossover is placed . Used . after amplifiers where power levels are much larger . ...Amp Racks
- An amp rack is any furniture, fixture, or case where multiple amplifiers are mounted in slots or grooves, generally used in touring systems because they are easy to transport.
. Used . . Used . ...Box
- A box truss is square in shape like a box in cross section and is useful for touring as gear can be hung inside the truss which protects it when loading and takes up less space in the truck.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Lighting Consoles
Lighting consoles are electronic devices for controlling multiple lights simultaneously from one point. Dimmers for controlling lighting intensity, automated lighting, fog machines and hazers are some of the special effects lighting devices controlled by a lighting board or lighting desk (other terms for lighting consoles).
An electronic control protocol is used by lighting consoles to communicate with other devices in the lighting system. Some of these are DMX512, ACN and DMX-512-A. New protocols are being introduced as more sophisticated lighting systems become available.
In the entertainment industry, where theatrical lighting design is mostly used, lighting consoles are usually found in the control booth, auditorium or the foyer. For this application, the most common protocol is DMX512.
Lighting consoles are available in different sizes and complexities. A preset board, a conventional console for basic lighting systems, is used mostly for small setups. However, DJs may complement it with more advanced hybrid consoles. A moving light controller works with dimmers for controlling ordinary lighting. It also provides additional controls for automated stage lighting (also called intelligent lighting) to produce very complex lighting effects. Other types of lighting consoles include memory consoles, personal-control based controllers, and remote focus unit.
The light board operator (also called the light op or board op) is the person who operates the lighting console. Depending on the scale and type of production, he can be the lighting designer or the stage manager. He or she is responsible for conventional or automated lighting fixtures as well as controlling video.