The Color Pro
luminaire family is an affordable, powerful, CMY dichroic color mixing line offering hard-edge to soft-wash versatility in a single unit. To create the same effects, you'd need a conventional light fixture, a colored scroller or gels, cabling, a Dimmer
rack and a controller.
Used High End Systems
From Ani di Franco to ZZ Top concerts. From Super Bowl half time to popular music award shows. From trade shows and talk shows to Olympic ceremonies or church sanctuaries.
At High End Systems Inc., we innovate and create the lighting products and control systems that illuminate some of the world's biggest artists on the largest stages, as well as film and television sets, cruise ships, theme parks, restaurants and retail spaces.
Now entering our fourth decade, we're one of the world's largest entertainment lighting manufacturers, a pioneer in new digital lighting technology and producer of the industry-preferred lighting controller technology.
We attribute our success to staying in touch with the needs of the entertainment lighting community. Product research and development at our Austin, TX headquarters is an ongoing collaboration between in-house engineers and lighting designers in the field.
This collaboration is largely to thank for our status as a major industry innovator and intellectual property holder. We're not only keeping pace with industry developments - we're guiding them. We're constantly pushing the creative and technological envelope to meet customer needs and stay ahead of the curve.
As members of the entertainment community, we know reliability is paramount. We maintain rigorous manufacturing standards, while providing industry-leading customer support services.
- A surfaces ability to absorb sound. Absorption is rated from 0 to 1.
Full absoption is 1. Full reflection is 0. . Used . . Used . Fresnel
- Fresnels are typically 8-, 6- or 4-inch, referring to the diameter of the lens. This light is named after Augustin-Jean Fresnel who invented the distinctive Fresnel lens which has a 'stepped' appearan. Used . ce instead of the 'full' or 'smooth' appearance of other lenses. The stepped nature of the lens causes a corresponding pattern of circles of light, so Fresnel lenses are usually 'stippled' on. Used . the flat side. This pattern of small bumps helps to break up the light passing into the lens to smooth out its eventual pattern.
Fresnels use a spherical reflector, with the filament of the bulb ...Hoist
- A hoist is a device used for lifting or lowering a load by means of a drum or barrel around which rope or chain wraps. It may be manually operated, electrically or pneumatically driven and may use cha. Used . in, fiber or wire rope as its lifting medium.
A hoist normally is used for lifting (near vertical) and a winch is normally used for pulling (near horizontal).
. Used . ...Gobo
- A gobo is a thin circular plate with holes cut in it to create patterns of projected light. The name may be derived from a contraction of "go between", or from "GOes Before Optics". Another possible . Used . origin is from the early days of Hollywood. When the Director of Photography wanted daylight excluded from some area of the set, he'd say "GO BlackOut". Members of the crew would run around p. Used . utting black material between the sun and the set.
A gobo may be made from thin metal sheet, usually steel, or from etched glass, depending upon the complexity of the design. Glass gobos often incSoftware Console
- Softare Lighting Consoles act just like hardware lighting consoles except that they are software driver and usually run off of a desktop or laptop computer accompanied by a DMX converter. Lighting con. Used . trol consoles (also called lighting boards or lighting desks) are electronic devices used in theatrical lighting design to control multiple lights at once. They are used throughout the entert. Used . ainment industry and are normally placed at the FOH position or in a control booth. All lighting control consoles can control dimmers which, in turn, control the brightness of the lights. Many modern consoles ...