The alpha V-1/90 is concepted as a 3-way cabinet in a Coaxial-In-Line topology and serves as a MID-HI component in the large sound reinforcement system alpha.
In conjunction with Alpha B3
or alpha B6 the recommended x-over frequency to the Subwoofer
s is 100Hz. The recommended x-over filter transfer function is Butterworth 12dB/octave. The polarity of the Subwoofer
channel has to be switched to ??invertedat the active x-over unit (e.g. DSP 260, DSP244). An Electro-Voice
EVM15L Pro-Line woofer works into a LO-MID short-horn. The HI-MID frequency range is radiated by an Electro-Voice
HP64S rotatable horn system driven by a DH 7 driver. The HI range above 8kHz is reproduced by Dynacord
's HFR 2508 ring radiators with an extremely wide polar pattern. This assures a very comfortable near-field sound quality. Excellent far-throw capabilities are realized due to the Coaxial-In-Line topology of the cabinet.
The alpha V-1/90 is equipped with a passive x-over for the HI transducer and can be Opera
ted in active 2-way mode (LO-MID, HI-MID+HI) or active 3-way mode (LO-MID, HI-MID, HI). The Opera
ting mode can easily be selected by slide switches at the rear panel. Every transducer is reliably protected against critical power levels and short-tem thermal overload by thermo switches and professional halogen radiators in all Opera
The alpha V-1/90 connector panel is equipped with an 8-pole Speakon connector which helps to prevent erroneous connections. The alpha V-1/90 cabinet is made of high-density Mediapan. All corner joints and braces are grooved and glued. The cabinet surface is varnished in structural black. A heavy, powder-coated steel grille protects the front of the cabinet.
Brands like DYNACORD, ELECTRO-VOICE, RTS and others are under the roof of Bosch Communications, Inc.
EVI Audio GmbH as the European headquarters with the electronics manufacturing is located in Straubing, Germany. The loudspeaker boxes are produced in a second facility in Hohenwarth, approximately 45 km away.
In Europe approximately 650 employees are occupied, approximately 500 of which are in Germany. Regional PI-distribution offices are in all large areas of business concentration across Germany. EVI Audio GmbH is also responsible for the activities of the subsidiaries in France and UK and for the territory of Africa and Middle East.
The place of work is Straubing, a mid-size city in close proximity to the Bavarian Forest with his many idyllic little villages. This area offers all amenities and schools close by and all possibilities of living, leisure and sports.
- A lens is a device for either concentrating or diverging light, usually formed from a piece of shaped glass. Analogous devices used with other types of electromagnetic radiation are also called lense. Used . s: for instance, a microwave lens can be made from paraffin wax.
The earliest records of lenses date to Ancient Greece, with Aristophanes' play The Clouds (424 BC) mentioning a b. Used . urning-glass (a convex lens used to focus the sun's rays to produce fire). The writings of Pliny the Elder (23-79) also show that burning-glasses were known to the Roman Empire, and mentions what is possibly tPyro
- Pyrotechnics are chemical explosive or flammable firework effects with a manual detonation, usually electrically fired by special fail safe equipment. There are many different kinds of pyrotechnics an. Used . d they are primarily used to enhance a theatrical or musical performances with flashes, smoke, loud bangs and flaming light shows. While similar to fireworks, pyrotechnics are more localized . Used . and generally smaller. ...Ellipsoidal
- Ellipsoidal is the name for a type of theatrical light, getting the name from the ellipsoidal reflector used to intensify the light of a back-loading lamp through the barrel and lens. Ellipsoidals are. Used . used for their strong, well-defined light and their versatility.
Characteristics of an ellipsoidal lighting unit include:
* An adjustable barrel, allowing a lightin. Used . g designer to change the size and focus of the light thrown by the unit by changing the distance between the mirror and the lens or lenses
* A set of brackets on the end of the barrel for the insertion o...Amplifier
- The amplifier can be considered to be any device that uses a small amount of energy to control a larger amount, although the term today usually refers to an electronic amplifier. The relationship of t. Used . he input to the output of an amplifier — usually expressed as a function of the input frequency — is called the transfer function of the amplifier, and the magnitude of the transfer function . Used . is termed the gain. There are numerous types of electronic amplifier depending upon the application....Illumination
- The simple ability to see what is occurring onstage
. Used . . Used . ...
Used Cabinet Speakers
Speaker cabinets are specially engineered units in which audio equipment such as speakers and their associated hardware are mounted into. These cabinets can be very basic affairs, little more than a wooden case with no additional features other than one port for inputting a sound cable, or they can be incredibly complex cabinets with features ranging from numerous ports and internal baffles to acoustic insulation and composite materials used in their construction.
The main point of housing loud speakers and PA speakers in cabinets is not simply to make them look neat and tidy, although that is one benefit. The cabinet actually provides a useful function in preventing competing sound waves from interacting with each other and distorting the end product. This is because the diaphragm that the speaker driver uses to create the sound we hear generates sound waves both at the front and the rear, and these will be out of sync with each other, thus creating a distortion if not dealt with adequately.
Other side effects include echo and reverberation, as the sound waves would reach the audience at slightly different times as they travel on different paths through the loud speakers towards them.
In addition to minimizing these unwanted side effects, loud speakerâ??s cabinets also help to manage the vibrations which are caused by the driver frame, as well as the buildup of heat that is associated with amplifiers, driver voice coils and other moving components in PA speakers.