UL Listed Commercial Dimmer
Pack with 8 Channels 2400 Watt/Channel, Microprocessor Controlled, Dual SCR, Toroidal Filters, Micro-Plex, DMX 512, 0-10V Analog Inputs. 120V.
NSI LIGHTING - Light Control Systems
NSI is ushering in a new era of microprocessor controlled stage lighting technology with these products. The powerful NSI digital product series provides advanced, flexible control for a variety of innovative applications. Because of their advanced design, these consoles feature many benefits found in today's personal computers. You can add programmable memory, scene masters and chase effects, all with the simplicity of a familiar two-scene console.
- Stage or auditorium lights, independent of the main theatrical system, used during rehearsals and while the crew sets up or breaks down the stage. Also, low wattage lights used to illuminate offstage. Used . obstacles and props tables unseen by the audience.. Used . ...Memory Consoles
- Memory-based consoles have become very popular in almost all larger installations, particularly theatres. These new types of controls have completely replaced preset consoles as controllers of choice. Used . . Memory consoles are preferable in productions where scenes do not change from show to show, such as a theatre production, because scenes are designed and digitally recorded, so there is les. Used . s room for human error, and less manpower is required to produce the same result.
Memory consoles have a bank of faders called 'submasters.' These submasters can be programmed to control a single Revelation of Form
- Altering the perception of shapes onstage, particularly three-dimensional stage elements. . Used . . Used . ...Zoom Ellipsoidal
- A type of profile spot with two lenses allowing the adjustment of both the size of the beam and whether it is a hard or soft focus. This adjustment of focal length makes for an instrument with many us. Used . es around the stage. The flexibility is also vital when working with gobos. Also known (in the US) as a Zoom Ellipsoidal.. Used . ...Arc Lamp
- An arc lamp is a device that produces light by the sparking (or arcing, from voltaic arc or electric arc) of a high current between two carbon rod electrodes. The rods are touched and then slowly draw. Used . n apart; as the rods separate the current is "struck" and arcs across the gap in a bright, ionized path. The arc produces a temperature of several thousand degrees, and the tips of the carbon. Used . rods are heated to incandescence, creating light. The rods are slowly vaporized during the process and need to be regularly adjusted to maintain the arc. The concept was first demonstrated by Sir Humphry Davy...
Used Dimmer Rack Modules
A dimmer rack module is a small device that is used in professional lighting to adjust the brightness of a light fixture. It works by altering the voltage of electricity that is delivered to the lamp. When the dimmer rack module reduces this power, the brightness of the lamp will fade down (become dimmer). Alternatively, if the dimmer rack module increased the power, the lamp will fade up (become brighter). Interestingly enough, a dimmer rack module allows for minor color control as well.
Although large dimmer racks are sometimes used, these are often replaced with a dimmer rack module, which is smaller and contains a 20 to 50 ampere breaker. The advantage of a dimmer rack module is that it can also supply current to other devices, such as foggers and hazers, or lifting equipment. This is important as these other devices can be damaged if you fail to use a dimmer rack module on non-dimming electrical devices. The circuit to which a dimmer rack module is connected to will be constantly energized, thus protecting these other devices. Even in cases where it is thought that a regular dimmer rack will always be operating at full power, it can be dangerous for non-dimming devices due to interruptions in the data stream caused by DMX signals and noise interference, which would lead to the dimmer dimming the circuit.