Contact a Sales Specialist about used CDM Horn for sale.
CDM Horn Drivers and Horns
Constant directivity horn
Peavey Drivers and Horns
Peavey is one of the largest, most diversified, independently owned suppliers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment in the world.
* 33 facilities on three continents (18 in Mississippi)
* Peavey produces over 2,000 products
* Peavey products are distributed in over 136 countries worldwide
* Peavey holds 130 patents in musical instrument designs and audio technology
World-renowned musicians from every musical genre use Peavey instruments and sound equipment, from rockers 3 Doors Down, and Nickelback to country stars Hank Williams Jr., Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw. Peavey and its four additional brands‚??MediaMatrix¬ģ, Architectural Acoustics¬ģ, PVDJ‚?Ę and Crest Audio¬ģ‚??can be found behind major concert tours, in venues such as the Sydney Opera House, Hollywood Palace and New York‚??s Apollo Theater and in most theme parks.
- A type of rugged multipin metallic connector for sound and lighting equipment generally having 3 pins for audio applications and 5 pins for DMX lighting. XLR plugs are very effective at reducing data. Used . and noise errors because a comparison is made between the signals carried by two of data cables, canceling out any differences. This relationship has given rise to the misnomer that XLR sta. Used . nds for eXternal Live Return. However, these connectors, sometimes called Cannons after the original manufacturer were originally called the Cannon X series, later versions added a Latch making the Cannon XL ...Generators
- Generators are used to provide power where power is otherwise not available, like in out door arenas or remote locations, or when not enough power is available at a particular location. . Used . . Used . ...Fresnel
- Fresnels are typically 8-, 6- or 4-inch, referring to the diameter of the lens. This light is named after Augustin-Jean Fresnel who invented the distinctive Fresnel lens which has a 'stepped' appearan. Used . ce instead of the 'full' or 'smooth' appearance of other lenses. The stepped nature of the lens causes a corresponding pattern of circles of light, so Fresnel lenses are usually 'stippled' on. Used . the flat side. This pattern of small bumps helps to break up the light passing into the lens to smooth out its eventual pattern.
Fresnels use a spherical reflector, with the filament of the bulb ...Amp Module
- An amp module is an individual amplifier, usually rack mountable, but may also be a stand alone amplifier.. Used . . Used . ...Subs
- A sub or subwoofer is a speaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass frequencies, usually from about 20 Hz to about 200 Hz. . Used . . Used . ...
Drivers and Horns
Drivers and horns refer to loudspeakers that employ a horn to boost the speaker driver element‚??s efficiency. The ‚??speaker horn‚?? is basically a kind of electromagnetically driven diaphragm. The horn used in drivers and horns doesn‚??t actually do anything to enhance or amplify sound coming from the cabinet driver itself ‚?? it is passive. All it does is to give the coupling efficiency between the air and the speaker driver a boost. Drivers and horns essentially serve to match the impedance between the low density of outside air and the high density of the speaker horn diaphragm.
Drivers and horns are perhaps best put to use in concerts and PA systems, where sound reinforcement is needed. This can be provided by the high sound pressure that drivers and horns produce, although the sound‚??s fidelity may be compromised when they are employed.
Cabinet horn loudspeakers are also popular in concert venues, as they are able to reproduce high volume bass sounds. In concert venues, drivers and horns are commonly called a bass driver, or a tweeter, and are employed so that the bass is not just heard but also ‚??felt‚?? by the audience. Multiple drivers and horns cab be combined into an array to boost the sound pressure even further, and this is more preferable than using a single horn that has a larger ‚??mouth‚?? area, as an array such as this affords greater output power.
Drivers and horns have other, more specialized uses. They can be used to extend a speaker driver‚??s low frequency limit, and they are able to modify a sound wave‚??s directional characteristics at both the horizontal coverage angle and the vertical coverage angle, depending on the width and height of the horn.