Contact a Sales Specialist about used CDM Horn for sale.
CDM Horn Drivers and Horns
Constant directivity horn
Peavey Drivers and Horns
Peavey is one of the largest, most diversified, independently owned suppliers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment in the world.
* 33 facilities on three continents (18 in Mississippi)
* Peavey produces over 2,000 products
* Peavey products are distributed in over 136 countries worldwide
* Peavey holds 130 patents in musical instrument designs and audio technology
World-renowned musicians from every musical genre use Peavey instruments and sound equipment, from rockers 3 Doors Down, and Nickelback to country stars Hank Williams Jr., Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw. Peavey and its four additional brands‚??MediaMatrix¬ģ, Architectural Acoustics¬ģ, PVDJ‚?Ę and Crest Audio¬ģ‚??can be found behind major concert tours, in venues such as the Sydney Opera House, Hollywood Palace and New York‚??s Apollo Theater and in most theme parks.
- A stage is a designated space for the performance of theatrical productions or other live events. Some stages are permanent structures in theaters, but often stages are temporary structures built for . Used . outdoor events and can range is size from small 20 to 30 square foot structures to very large arena sized stages assembled from many components.. Used . ...Ohm
- A unit of measurement for the electrical resistance equal to that of a conductor in which a current of one ampere is produced by a potential of one volt across its terminals. One ohm is the resistanc. Used . e in a circuit when one volt maintains a current of one amp. The unit, originally ohma or ohmad, was first used by Charles Tilston Bright and Latimer Clark in 1861 and is still in use today.. Used . ...Revelation of Form
- Altering the perception of shapes onstage, particularly three-dimensional stage elements. . Used . . Used . ...Moving Light
- A moving light truss has a wider opening to accommodate the space required for a moving head light. . Used . . Used . ...Entire Stages
- An entire stage is a complete stage that generally include platforms, stairs and sometimes roofing, ranging in size from small easy to transport stages to large staging systems.. Used . . Used . ...
Drivers and Horns
Drivers and horns refer to loudspeakers that employ a horn to boost the speaker driver element‚??s efficiency. The ‚??speaker horn‚?? is basically a kind of electromagnetically driven diaphragm. The horn used in drivers and horns doesn‚??t actually do anything to enhance or amplify sound coming from the cabinet driver itself ‚?? it is passive. All it does is to give the coupling efficiency between the air and the speaker driver a boost. Drivers and horns essentially serve to match the impedance between the low density of outside air and the high density of the speaker horn diaphragm.
Drivers and horns are perhaps best put to use in concerts and PA systems, where sound reinforcement is needed. This can be provided by the high sound pressure that drivers and horns produce, although the sound‚??s fidelity may be compromised when they are employed.
Cabinet horn loudspeakers are also popular in concert venues, as they are able to reproduce high volume bass sounds. In concert venues, drivers and horns are commonly called a bass driver, or a tweeter, and are employed so that the bass is not just heard but also ‚??felt‚?? by the audience. Multiple drivers and horns cab be combined into an array to boost the sound pressure even further, and this is more preferable than using a single horn that has a larger ‚??mouth‚?? area, as an array such as this affords greater output power.
Drivers and horns have other, more specialized uses. They can be used to extend a speaker driver‚??s low frequency limit, and they are able to modify a sound wave‚??s directional characteristics at both the horizontal coverage angle and the vertical coverage angle, depending on the width and height of the horn.