Contact a Sales Specialist about used LP-500 for sale.
LP-500 Lighting Consoles
Leprecon Lighting Consoles
We are building a company that will survive and thrive in the long term, as we continue to develop and maintain the capacity to enable the rapid development, marketing, manufacturing and service of leading edge entertainment lighting products, in accordance with our vision.
We do this by designing, building and marketing innovative, high quality, reasonably priced products.
- A preamp amplifies a low level signal to normal line level before it is processed further and amplified further. It is generally used to give a boost to signals coming from Mics, Turntables and other . Used . audio equipment that has no amperage to the signal it produces.
. Used . ...Communications
- Communication gear is essentially used to relay information to different individuals or teams during a show or performance to insure everything, including audio, lighting and staging are timed correct. Used . ly and functioning properly and safely. . Used . ...Preset Boards
- Preset boards are the most basic lighting consoles - and also the most prevalent in smaller installations. They consist of two identical fader banks, called 'scenes.' The faders (control slides) on th. Used . ese scenes can be manually adjusted. Each scene has the same number of channels which control the same dimmers, but only one is live at a time, so the console operator can build a scene, then. Used . fade to it. These scenes are often referred to as A-scenes and B-scenes, and a cross-fader is used to fade between the A and B scene.
Generally, a preset board operator has a cue sheet for each s...Enhancers
- Enhancers are outboard audio effects used to improve the clarity of the sound.. Used . . Used . ...Moving Mirror Lights
- A common term for a moving mirror stage/concert light. This light in particular is common is clubs, discos and lounges. As opposed to the moving head lights that are more common for theatre, concerts. Used . and stage events. . Used .
Lighting consoles are electronic devices for controlling multiple lights simultaneously from one point. Dimmers for controlling lighting intensity, automated lighting, fog machines and hazers are some of the special effects lighting devices controlled by a lighting board or lighting desk (other terms for lighting consoles).
An electronic control protocol is used by lighting consoles to communicate with other devices in the lighting system. Some of these are DMX512, ACN and DMX-512-A. New protocols are being introduced as more sophisticated lighting systems become available.
In the entertainment industry, where theatrical lighting design is mostly used, lighting consoles are usually found in the control booth, auditorium or the foyer. For this application, the most common protocol is DMX512.
Lighting consoles are available in different sizes and complexities. A preset board, a conventional console for basic lighting systems, is used mostly for small setups. However, DJs may complement it with more advanced hybrid consoles. A moving light controller works with dimmers for controlling ordinary lighting. It also provides additional controls for automated stage lighting (also called intelligent lighting) to produce very complex lighting effects. Other types of lighting consoles include memory consoles, personal-control based controllers, and remote focus unit.
The light board operator (also called the light op or board op) is the person who operates the lighting console. Depending on the scale and type of production, he can be the lighting designer or the stage manager. He or she is responsible for conventional or automated lighting fixtures as well as controlling video.