Contact a Sales Specialist about used LP-500 for sale.
LP-500 Lighting Consoles
Leprecon Lighting Consoles
We are building a company that will survive and thrive in the long term, as we continue to develop and maintain the capacity to enable the rapid development, marketing, manufacturing and service of leading edge entertainment lighting products, in accordance with our vision.
We do this by designing, building and marketing innovative, high quality, reasonably priced products.
- A unit of measurement for the electrical resistance equal to that of a conductor in which a current of one ampere is produced by a potential of one volt across its terminals. One ohm is the resistanc. Used . e in a circuit when one volt maintains a current of one amp. The unit, originally ohma or ohmad, was first used by Charles Tilston Bright and Latimer Clark in 1861 and is still in use today.. Used . ...Scanners
- A scanner is an intelligent light that uses a mirror to perform a large variety of effects and operations while the fixture itself remains stationary. Scanners are generally remotely controlled by a l. Used . ighting control console, but some can be preprogrammed. A single scanner can replace the functions of many conventional lights and can often perform tasks conventional lights can not. Most m. Used . odern scanners utilize DMX-512 signals for control, but some can be controlled by way of analog signals as well. ...DMX-512
- DMX512, often shortened to DMX (Digital MultipleX), is a communications protocol used mainly to control stage lighting.
Developed by the Engineering Commission of USITT, the standard star. Used . ted in 1986, with subsequent revisions in 1990 leading to USITT DMX512/1990. ESTA took control of the standard in 1998 and began a revision process. The new standard, known officially as "Ent. Used . ertainment Technology — USITT DMX512–A — Asynchronous Serial Digital Data Transmission Standard for Controlling Lighting Equipment and Accessories", was approved by ANSI in November, 2004. This current standar...Amp Module
- An amp module is an individual amplifier, usually rack mountable, but may also be a stand alone amplifier.. Used . . Used . ...Speaker
- A speaker is a device that converts an electrical signal into the equivalent air vibrations in order to make audible sound.. Used . . Used . ...
Lighting consoles are electronic devices for controlling multiple lights simultaneously from one point. Dimmers for controlling lighting intensity, automated lighting, fog machines and hazers are some of the special effects lighting devices controlled by a lighting board or lighting desk (other terms for lighting consoles).
An electronic control protocol is used by lighting consoles to communicate with other devices in the lighting system. Some of these are DMX512, ACN and DMX-512-A. New protocols are being introduced as more sophisticated lighting systems become available.
In the entertainment industry, where theatrical lighting design is mostly used, lighting consoles are usually found in the control booth, auditorium or the foyer. For this application, the most common protocol is DMX512.
Lighting consoles are available in different sizes and complexities. A preset board, a conventional console for basic lighting systems, is used mostly for small setups. However, DJs may complement it with more advanced hybrid consoles. A moving light controller works with dimmers for controlling ordinary lighting. It also provides additional controls for automated stage lighting (also called intelligent lighting) to produce very complex lighting effects. Other types of lighting consoles include memory consoles, personal-control based controllers, and remote focus unit.
The light board operator (also called the light op or board op) is the person who operates the lighting console. Depending on the scale and type of production, he can be the lighting designer or the stage manager. He or she is responsible for conventional or automated lighting fixtures as well as controlling video.