Contact a Sales Specialist about used 425-8A for sale.
425-8A Mount Speakers
Altec Lansing Mount Speakers
Established in 1937, today Altec Lansing Professional is a leading manufacturer of high performance, high quality professional audio systems and components. Altec Lansing traces its history to the group of Western ElectricÂ® engineers who developed the first commercial professional sound system for the movie "The Jazz Singer" starring Al Jolson. This "talkie" revolutionized motion picture sound, and marked the starting point of the twentieth century audio revolution.
Altec Lansing celebrates the company's rich heritage in the professional audio industry. Our history of technological innovation is unmatched.
- An early type of stage light in which an intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of lime, also called calcium oxide, which can be raised to white incandesce. Used . nce heat without melting to producing brilliant illumination. The limelight effect was discovered early in the nineteenth century by Goldsworthy Gurney. A Scottish engineer, Thomas Drummond. Used . , realized that the light would be useful for surveying and built a working version in 1826. Therefore, the light is sometimes known as the Drummond Light. The Limelights first theatrical use was in 1837 at ...Intensity
- Measured in both lux and lumens. For any given luminaire (lighting instrument or fixture), this depends upon the power of the bulb, the design of the instrument (and its corresponding efficiency), the. Used . presence or absence of color gels or gobos, distance from the area to be lit, the color and subtance to be lit, and the neuro-optics of the total scene (that is, the relative contrasts to ot. Used . her regions of illumination). ...Motors
- Motors are any electrical or mechanical device used to power lifts that aid the ground support crew in placing gear up onto stages or trusses.. Used . . Used . ...Enhancers
- Enhancers are outboard audio effects used to improve the clarity of the sound.. Used . . Used . ...Mount Speakers
- A speaker designed to be mounted on or in a wall or on a stand.. Used . . Used . ...
Mount speakers are loudspeakers which are mounted on walls, and are commonly used in theaters and other venues where â??elevatedâ?? speakers are needed at key strategic points in the venue to produce an overall surround sound affect.
The most common kinds of mount speakers are dynamic loudspeakers. A typical dynamic wall mounted speaker consists of a lightweight cone (diaphragm), which is hooked up to a frame through a coil of tinsel wire constrained in a flexible suspension. Mount speakers work in exactly the same way as regular loudspeakers, in that the electric current in the voice coil creates a magnetic field. This interacts with the magnetic system of the driver and generates a force that makes the coil and attached speaker cone vibrate (move back and forth), which reproduces sound.
There are many types of wall mounted speaker available. Full range drivers are one of the most common types of ceiling mounted speaker, as they have the widest possible frequency response. Other mount speakers include subwoofers, which are designed to accurately reproduce the lowest bass notes, and woofers, which reproduce low frequency sounds. Tweeters on the other hand are high frequency mount speakers, designed for replicating the highest frequency sounds. Mid range mount speakers are designed for the middle on the audio spectrum, and therefore are good for neither high nor low frequency sound replication.