Contact a Sales Specialist about used 1204A for sale.
1204A Cabinet Speakers
Altec Lansing Cabinet Speakers
Established in 1937, today Altec Lansing Professional is a leading manufacturer of high performance, high quality professional audio systems and components. Altec Lansing traces its history to the group of Western ElectricÂ® engineers who developed the first commercial professional sound system for the movie "The Jazz Singer" starring Al Jolson. This "talkie" revolutionized motion picture sound, and marked the starting point of the twentieth century audio revolution.
Altec Lansing celebrates the company's rich heritage in the professional audio industry. Our history of technological innovation is unmatched.
- A unit of measurement for the electrical resistance equal to that of a conductor in which a current of one ampere is produced by a potential of one volt across its terminals. One ohm is the resistanc. Used . e in a circuit when one volt maintains a current of one amp. The unit, originally ohma or ohmad, was first used by Charles Tilston Bright and Latimer Clark in 1861 and is still in use today.. Used . ...Video
- Video is the technology of electromagnetically recording, processing, transmitting, and reconstructing a sequence of images that represent scenes in motion.
. Used . . Used . ...Headsets and Beltpacks
- Headsets are simply headphones with an attached mic, usually a noise canceling condenser mic, used for communicating with other crew members during a show or production. Beltpacks provide power to the. Used . headset and allow it to be used remotely. . Used . ...Stairs
- Stairs are used to access the stage and raised parts of the stage. They are usually collapsable for the purposes of storage and transportation. . Used . . Used . ...Concert Lighting
- Modern stage lighting is a flexible tool in the production of theatre, dance, opera and other performance arts. Several different types of lighting instruments are used in the pursuit of the various p. Used . rinciples or goals of lighting. . Used . ...
Speaker cabinets are specially engineered units in which audio equipment such as speakers and their associated hardware are mounted into. These cabinets can be very basic affairs, little more than a wooden case with no additional features other than one port for inputting a sound cable, or they can be incredibly complex cabinets with features ranging from numerous ports and internal baffles to acoustic insulation and composite materials used in their construction.
The main point of housing loud speakers and PA speakers in cabinets is not simply to make them look neat and tidy, although that is one benefit. The cabinet actually provides a useful function in preventing competing sound waves from interacting with each other and distorting the end product. This is because the diaphragm that the speaker driver uses to create the sound we hear generates sound waves both at the front and the rear, and these will be out of sync with each other, thus creating a distortion if not dealt with adequately.
Other side effects include echo and reverberation, as the sound waves would reach the audience at slightly different times as they travel on different paths through the loud speakers towards them.
In addition to minimizing these unwanted side effects, loud speakerâ??s cabinets also help to manage the vibrations which are caused by the driver frame, as well as the buildup of heat that is associated with amplifiers, driver voice coils and other moving components in PA speakers.