iColor Cove QL is the enhanced, Chromasic‚?Ę-based replacement for iColor Cove, featuring the same high standard of quality, a sleek fixture design, and light output rivaling that of iColor Cove at a lower price. The lower-profile, 12 (30.5 cm) unit produces the same beam angle (100deg x 40deg) as its predecessor. Applying Chromasic technology, it has the capability for self-addressing, which translates to simplified installation, addressing and programming. Chromasic also lowers the cost of digital LED Control
, thereby lowering the cost of the overall system. iColor Cove QL features a mounting clip that allows for 180deg rotation and in-line power and data connections that further streaMLine
Used Color Kinetics
Color Kinetics Incorporated (Nasdaq: CLRK) is a pioneer in the design, marketing and licensing of intelligent solid-state lighting systems. The company's award-winning product lines combine the increasing advantages of LEDs as a light source with its patented digital control technology for use in wide-ranging applications. Its flagship technologies leverage a patented layer of digital intelligence, called Chromacore¬ģ, to generate and control millions of colors and dynamic lighting effects.
Color Kinetics operates in two principal lines of business: Lighting Systems, including solid-state lighting devices, digital controllers and software for use in high-performance lighting projects; and OEM & Licensing, including a standard line of intelligent solid-state lighting modules that can be readily incorporated by other manufacturers. Color Kinetics also licenses its technology both within and beyond the lighting industry.
Color Kinetics' intelligent solid-state lighting systems illuminate the exteriors of signature office buildings, add visual impact to the interiors of retail stores and residences, provide entertaining lighting effects that help attract patrons to hospitality venues, and supply versatile, high-performance lighting for television and stage sets. The company's systems have been installed in thousands of user sites around the world, including Brookstone,Carnival Cruise Lines, Cathay Financial Center, Hairspray on Broadway, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Harrah's, Marriott, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York State Bridge Authority, NBA Entertainment, Nortel Networks, Northwest Airlines, Rainforest Caf√©, Royal Caribbean International, Wheel of Fortune and Wynn Las Vegas. With the introduction of its IntelliWhite‚?Ę products, Color Kinetics is now addressing specialty white light applications while working toward developing systems that meet the growing opportunity to replace conventional lighting with solid-state lighting for general illumination.
Color Kinetics' investment in research and development is reflected by its intellectual property portfolio, which comprises 42 issued patents and more than 140 patent applications pending. Color Kinetics' intellectual property applies to many aspects of solid-state lighting technology, ranging from methods for digital control of lighting, to production techniques, to the application of solid-state lighting innovations in many specific markets.
- Cyc lights, also known as strip lights are long housings typically containing multiple lamps arranged along the length of the instrument and emitting light perpendicular to its length. Lamps are often. Used . covered with individual gels of multiple colors (somet . Used . ...Gobo
- A gobo is a thin circular plate with holes cut in it to create patterns of projected light. The name may be derived from a contraction of "go between", or from "GOes Before Optics". Another possible . Used . origin is from the early days of Hollywood. When the Director of Photography wanted daylight excluded from some area of the set, he'd say "GO BlackOut". Members of the crew would run around p. Used . utting black material between the sun and the set.
A gobo may be made from thin metal sheet, usually steel, or from etched glass, depending upon the complexity of the design. Glass gobos often incDigital signal
- A digital signal is a signal that is both discrete and quantized. Its primary counterpart is an analog signal. Digital signals usually occur in electronics, but may be found in other fields of enginee. Used . ring as well.
Digital signals may be divided into two categories:
* Some are inherently both discrete and quantized (ex. the number of people who visit a certain. Used . establishment every day).
* Some describe phenomena that are actually continuous in one way or another. The signal must be discretized, quantized, or both, in order to make it digital. This "digitiz...Converters and Sync
- An audio converter is a type of electronic hardware that converts analog audio signals to digital audio format or vice versa. Audio synchronizers arrange the signals, either analog, digital or both, s. Used . o that multiple the signals occur in time. . Used . ...Headsets and Beltpacks
- Headsets are simply headphones with an attached mic, usually a noise canceling condenser mic, used for communicating with other crew members during a show or production. Beltpacks provide power to the. Used . headset and allow it to be used remotely. . Used . ...
Used LED Lighting
LED lighting is a specialized kind of stage lighting which is highly valued by technicians due to its high light output and low power consumption. Used as an alternative to traditional stage lighting such as halogen lamps, LED stage lighting is a more than capable alternative for just about any kind of application, although it is primarily used for lighting cycloramas, and for side, back and top lighting.
In addition to these uses, LED lighting can be used to ‚??blind the audience‚?Ě, a nice special effect which involves briefly exposing the audience to a direct light beam from the LED stage lighting at crucial moments of the concert or show. LED wash lights are also great for applying a technique known as ‚??wall washing‚?Ě, thanks to the high intensity of their light beam.
LED wash lights can provide the full spectrum of light colors, despite usually only being fitted with green, blue and red LEDs. The operator simply needs to adjust the intensity of the various colored beams of light, manipulating them to achieve the desired color spectrum.
LED lighting is provided by three pieces of equipment. The most common are LED Pars, which imitate traditional stage lights and have a number of LEDs mounted onto them. Striplights, which are basically a long length of LED wash lights, are also very common, while the versatility of moving LED lights is also becoming an increasingly preferred option for many stage lighting technicians.
Besides its higher light output and lower power consumption, LED lighting has a number of other advantages. One is that they have an exceptionally high heat tolerance, which means they can be used almost anywhere without worrying about them becoming damaged due to overheating. Another advantage of LED lighting is that it has a much longer shelf life than traditional lighting.