The Martin Audio
W8LC is a compact line array enclosure designed to bring superb next-generation line array performance to concert, theatre and commercial events. It meets the need for a high power, high bass impact system that is versatile and scalable for a very wide range of applications in the live sound, corporate and fixed installation fields. W8LC grids allow systems to be flown or ground stacked as required.
Though compact in size, the W8LC is a full-bandwidth system and may be used withouT Sub
woofers in many applications. Where additional low frequency extension is required, W8LCs may be complemented by the W8LS Line Array Subwoofer
s, WLX horn and reflex loaded Subwoofer
s or WSX horn loaded Subwoofer
Used Martin Audio
Martin Audio was founded in 1971 to manufacture and supply world class touring systems for the supergroups of the day that included Pink Floyd and Supertramp.
We are very proud of this heritage. Designing leading edge live performance systems has remained core to our success.
Today, Martin Audio enjoys an international reputation for supplying superb performance ready systems across the spectrum of sound reinforcement applications. Our portfolio of products, now highly developed, meet customer requirements for every market sector.
Renowned for integrity in design, technical excellence and the longevity of its products, Martin Audio takes system creation into
a further dimension. Our aim is for every member of the audience to enjoy an exceptional sonic experience.
Martin Audio systems are designed with in-built sound qualities which artists can rely on to faithfully reproduce their performance to every corner of the auditorium.
Drivers and Horns
- Drivers and Horns are speakers designed to produce high frequency audio usually around 3-5 kHz and up to 20 kHz. Horns are usually in the shape of a long corn and look somewhat like the horn of a mus. Used . ical instrument. . Used . ...Full Racks
- Dimmer racks are cabinets designed for stacking many dimmer modules into an easily accessible space. They can be permanent architectural installments or portable units built for road travel and vary i. Used . n size from small rack with only a few dimmer modules to very large racks with hundreds. . Used . ...Platforms
- Some stages are made up of many smaller table like platforms so they can be easily transported or stored. These platforms are generally used in the forming of large stages, are fastened together, com. Used . e in different hights and widths and have different materials for their surface, like woods and canvases. . Used . ...Wings and Processors
- Wings and processors are used to extend the capabilities of lighting control consoles. Wings usually add faders, bump buttons, displays, and other functions to the console while processors consolidate. Used . , alter, redirect or synchronize the signals coming to and from the console. Consoles often have wings designed specifically for use with that console, but processors are more generalized.. Used . ...Stairs
- Stairs are used to access the stage and raised parts of the stage. They are usually collapsable for the purposes of storage and transportation. . Used . . Used . ...
Used Line Array Speakers
Line array speakers make up a loudspeaker system to create a sound source that produces an evenly distributed sound output. The driver of each line array element is close enough to the driver of the next element to create constructive interference. The resulting sound waves go farther than sound waves from traditional loudspeakers.
Line array systems date back to the early days of research in acoustics. Many old town halls and public venues still have old line source boxes which were found to project voice well though they are much smaller than horn-loaded speakers.
These days, line array speakers use different drivers for high-, mid- and low-frequency passbands that must be in line. Each enclosure must be set up closely to form columns composed of these drivers. To increase the frequency range and maximum sound pressure, the number of drivers per enclosure must be increased.
The orientation of line array speakers may vary. Vertical arrays are excellent for focusing sound at audiences without wasting output energy on ceilings or empty air above the audience because of its very narrow vertical output with a normally-wide horizontal pattern. On the other hand, horizontal line arrays have a very narrow horizontal output with a tall vertical pattern.
For hanging concert speakers which are usually part of a concert reinforcement system, enclosures are set up together using a specialized rigging hardware and they hang from a single point. These line array speakers are curved backward at the lower portion so that the sound will reach more audience.