The Color Pro
luminaire family is an affordable, powerful, CMY dichroic color mixing line offering hard-edge to soft-wash versatility in a single unit. To create the same effects, you'd need a conventional light fixture, a colored scroller or gels, cabling, a dimmer rack and a controller.
Used High End Systems
From Ani di Franco to ZZ Top concerts. From Super Bowl half time to popular music award shows. From trade shows and talk shows to Olympic ceremonies or church sanctuaries.
At High End Systems Inc., we innovate and create the lighting products and control systems that illuminate some of the world's biggest artists on the largest stages, as well as film and television sets, cruise ships, theme parks, restaurants and retail spaces.
Now entering our fourth decade, we're one of the world's largest entertainment lighting manufacturers, a pioneer in new digital lighting technology and producer of the industry-preferred lighting controller technology.
We attribute our success to staying in touch with the needs of the entertainment lighting community. Product research and development at our Austin, TX headquarters is an ongoing collaboration between in-house engineers and lighting designers in the field.
This collaboration is largely to thank for our status as a major industry innovator and intellectual property holder. We're not only keeping pace with industry developments - we're guiding them. We're constantly pushing the creative and technological envelope to meet customer needs and stay ahead of the curve.
As members of the entertainment community, we know reliability is paramount. We maintain rigorous manufacturing standards, while providing industry-leading customer support services.
- UK slang for Adjustable Spanner. Also know in the US as a Crescent Wrench or C-Wrench. . Used . . Used . ...Intensity
- Measured in both lux and lumens. For any given luminaire (lighting instrument or fixture), this depends upon the power of the bulb, the design of the instrument (and its corresponding efficiency), the. Used . presence or absence of color gels or gobos, distance from the area to be lit, the color and subtance to be lit, and the neuro-optics of the total scene (that is, the relative contrasts to ot. Used . her regions of illumination). ...Wing
- A breakout box or extension console that expands the current consoles capabilities by adding additional tactile faders and controls. Generally applied to lighting control consoles and adapted from a . Used . theater term used to describe the sides of the stage not visible to the audience where the actors make their entrances. . Used . ...Preset Boards
- Preset boards are the most basic lighting consoles - and also the most prevalent in smaller installations. They consist of two identical fader banks, called 'scenes.' The faders (control slides) on th. Used . ese scenes can be manually adjusted. Each scene has the same number of channels which control the same dimmers, but only one is live at a time, so the console operator can build a scene, then. Used . fade to it. These scenes are often referred to as A-scenes and B-scenes, and a cross-fader is used to fade between the A and B scene.
Generally, a preset board operator has a cue sheet for each s...Yoke
- The metal strip running over the top and on both sides of a light to which the G-Clamp is attached. . Used . . Used . ...
Used Color Changers
Color changers are lighting accessories used by lighting technicians in concerts, theaters and film studios, to remotely adapt the color of the light beam that their stage lighting equipment projects.
There are two types of color changers in use today. Traditional color changers are called color scrollers, which are a type of mechanical equipment that positions plastic gels in front of the light beam. The light travels through the gel and thus the color of the light beam is changed. These color changers are fitted to the end of the light fixture, and so they do not actually affect the way the light beam is produced.
More popular these days is the LED color changer, which employs an RDM protocol and uses smaller LED screens to change the color of the light beam. The LED color changer is proving to be popular, as it is considered easier to use and can provide more information to the lighting operator (it can provide diagnostic information). LED color changers offer a lot more versatility as well, as they include features such as a light sensor, voltage sensor, temperature sensor, gel string sensor, fan control, and self-testing abilities.
Color changers come in three forms: Single string scrollers, dual string scrollers and CYM color mixing scrollers. Single string color changers are the most common type, but they only have one string of colors. Dual string color changers have two strings of color, while the CYM scrollers (called ‚??true color changers‚?Ě) operate with three color strings.