- A lighting control protocol that is run over ethernet. Developed by Artistic Lisence. This protocol can use up to 256 DMX512 universes. This technology can also run over wireless ethernet.. Used . . Used . ...Depth of Field
- While a lens focuses on a single plane of depth, there is usually an additional area in focus behind and in front of that plane. This is depth of field. Depth of field increases as the iris is closed.. Used . There is more depth of field the wider the lens and le . Used . ...Smoke Machine
- A Smoke Machine or Fogger is an electrical device that creates clouds of artificual and hopefully non-toxic fog. The fog may come in different colors or smells and may be water or mineral based. It i. Used . s used for effects in theatre, staging, concerts and clubs.
Hazers by contrast create a more diffusive, expansive haze that is usually not a thick and is used to enhance other ef. Used . fects, such as lighting and light beams. Stepper Motor
- A stepper motor is a type of electric motor that is used when something has to be positioned very precisely or rotated by an exact angle.
In a stepper motor, an internal rotor containing. Used . permanent magnets is controlled by a set of stationary electromagnets that are switched electronically. Hence, it is a cross between a DC electric motor and a solenoid. Stepper motors do not. Used . use brushes and commutators.
Stepper motors have a fixed number of magnetic poles that determine the number of steps per revolution. Most common stepper motors have 200 full steps/revolution, meaFresnel
- Fresnels are typically 8-, 6- or 4-inch, referring to the diameter of the lens. This light is named after Augustin-Jean Fresnel who invented the distinctive Fresnel lens which has a 'stepped' appearan. Used . ce instead of the 'full' or 'smooth' appearance of other lenses. The stepped nature of the lens causes a corresponding pattern of circles of light, so Fresnel lenses are usually 'stippled' on. Used . the flat side. This pattern of small bumps helps to break up the light passing into the lens to smooth out its eventual pattern.
Fresnels use a spherical reflector, with the filament of the bulb ...