is the perfect low frequency comPani
on for the
. Equipped with a 15 inch / 380 mm low frequency
speaker housed in a durable 18 mm / 13-Ply Poplar cabinet, the
offers affordable system expansion in an easy-to-install
package. The LF115-8A
will complement the low frequency
performance in Auditorium and House of Worship systems.
Altec Lansing's high performance model 4156-8A woofer is a 15
inch / 380 mm speaker with a robust corrosion-resistant die-cast
frame and a weather-resistant cone for maximum durability in all
The unique on-board crossover network provides simplistic addon
tion without the need for an additional power amplifier
channel or the costs associated with additional amplification and
an active crossover. The charcoal grey or white painted cabinet
blends into most backgrounds, or it can be easily painted to
match any décor. Altec Lansing includes neutral grille cloth with
each speaker, allowing you to dye the cloth to integrate the
speaker into the surroundings. The cabinet also features internal
hanging points to facilitate permanent installation in either a
horizontal or vertical orientation.
Used Altec Lansing
Established in 1937, today Altec Lansing Professional is a leading manufacturer of high performance, high quality professional audio systems and components. Altec Lansing traces its history to the group of Western Electric® engineers who developed the first commercial professional sound system for the movie "The Jazz Singer" starring Al Jolson. This "talkie" revolutionized motion picture sound, and marked the starting point of the twentieth century audio revolution.
Altec Lansing celebrates the company's rich heritage in the professional audio industry. Our history of technological innovation is unmatched.
- Acronym for "What You See Is What You Get," that is used in computing to describe a system where the content during editing appears very similar to the final product. Often employed in the context of . Used . software tools for lighting design and production administration or applied to TTL (through the lens) camera systems where the viewfinders have 100% film frame coverage. WYSIWYG lighting sof. Used . tware usually has fantastic 3D rendering of lighting states and direct connections to lighting consoles, enabling accurate visualisation of lighting designs. WYSIWYGs significantly increase the connection b...Towers
- Towers are truss like structures used to support roofs and other trussing systems.. Used . . Used . ...Windshield
- Foam cover for microphones that reduces the interferance caused by wind and breath allowing the microphone to pick up the desired sounds.. Used . . Used . ...Recording
- Sound or audio recording is the electrical or mechanical encoding of sound waves and audio signals, usually voice or music for the purpose of reproducing the sounds at a later time. There are two basi. Used . c types of recording, analog in which the signal is variable and continuous, and digital in which the signal is first converted into a binary language.. Used . ...Light Board
- A light board is yet another name used to describe a lighting console.. Used . . Used . ...
Subwoofers are speakers that are designed to reproduce low-pitched or the bass frequencies typically ranging from about 20 to 200 Hz for consumer products, below 100 Hz for professional live sound, and below 80 Hz in THX-approved systems. These are complete loudspeakers intended to enhance the low frequency range of loudspeakers covering higher frequency bands.
Subs, another term for subwoofers, are made up of one or more woofers in a loudspeaker enclosure capable of withstanding air pressure while resisting deformation. These subs require more power to operate because they are bigger (usually between 20.3 cm and 38.1 cm in diameter). Enclosures are available in a variety of designs that differ by efficiency, bandwidth, size and cost. Designs include bass reflex with a port or passive radiator in the enclosure, infinite baffle, horn-loaded, and band pass designs. A multimedia home theater system in low-cost compact plastic cabinet that is said to be a subwoofer is more appropriately called a bass driver because it is too small to produce deep bass.
Subwoofers are also powered by amplifiers. Active or powered subwoofers are driven by a built-in amplifier. Passive subwoofers have an external amplifier, subwoofer drivers and enclosures.
Subwoofers are popular because of they can pack a large, low frequency punch in a small space, providing a powerful audio experience like being in a movie theater or a concert venue. They are installed in cars or at home as part of a home theater system which is a more common application. In both cases, the subwoofer or low frequency speaker is not considered a stand alone device but helps to reinforce the higher pitched sound produced from the speakers.