The Comstar Genesis 1224
is a rugged, heavy duty 20-Amp per channel Dimmer
. It utilizes SSR modules for dimming and will carry 2400 watts per channel. Hot patching, overloading or miswiring of the power feeds should cause no functional damage. This 12 channel unit can be wired for single or three phase input power at 50 or 60 Hz, and can be used on 120 or 240 volt power grids. Input power phase switching is simple and the unit may be mounted in a standard 24 inch equipment rack, if desired.
Typical uses for the Genesis line are locations where ruggedness is important and downtime is unacceptable. Any use where the personnel using the products are inexperienced and where load and power input connections could be miswired calls for Genesis Dimmer
s. Broadcast Television, Cable
Studios, Theaters, Schools, Night Clubs, and Touring ComPani
es should all use these heavy duty Dimmer
s in any critical application where the best is required.
The Genesis 1224
is equipped with many standard deluxe features to make life easier for the user:
Each channel has an On/Off override switch which illuminates to mimic the control signal
has a thermal magnetic circuit breaker with a 10,000 AIC interrupting capacity
Prominent LEDs are provided on the front panel to indicate the presence of each power phase, as well as to warn of an overtemperature condition
Any number of channels may be set to snap on as Non-dims by adjustments located on the Comstar control card
Servicing of all control electronics is easily accessible through the front removable electronics drawer. In addition the unit is cooled for longer life by a quiet, low-speed fan.
The Comstar Genesis 1224
accepts a 0-10 volt DC analog control signal simultaneously with either AMX 192 or DMX 512. This allows a backup console or stage manager's console to be on line at all times.
The Comstar Genesis 1224
is ruggedly built of steel and aluminum, finished in a brushed black anodize with white nomenclature. All servicing of the unit can be achieved without soldering, using only a phillips screwdriver and pliers. A high degree of noise filtering is provided by a toroidal-CORE
filter choke on each channel.
Customized systems using the Comstar Genesis 1224
as a component are available. Contact Teatronics
Lighting Controls or your local distributor for more information on a system to meet your exact lighting needs.
Teatronics sells and services the entire Teatronics product line. With over 25 years of successful brand recognition for high quality and reliable equipment. The product line covers a wide variety of dimming/control requirements and applications. Our client list includes churches, hotels, performing arts centers, schools, and professional theatres. Teatronics can meet all of your lighting requirements from small to large applications.
- An entire stage is a complete stage that generally include platforms, stairs and sometimes roofing, ranging in size from small easy to transport stages to large staging systems.. Used . . Used . ...Crossfade
- A value of time that is assigned to a parameter that controls the duration of change from one DMX value to another DMX value or to fade from one scene to another. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...XGA
- Extended Graphics Array is a standard computer display introduced in 1990 by IBM. The initial version of XGA built upon IBM's VGA, adding support for two resolutions, 800 × 600 pixels with high color . Used . and 1024 × 768 pixels with a palette of 256 colors. XGA-2 was developed later and with 1024 x 768 pixels with high color, and 1360 x 1024 with 16 colors. However, all XGA modes have an aspe. Used . ct ratio 4:3 rounded to 8 pixels....LED
- An LED or light emitting diode is simply a tiny light bulb that fits into an electrical circuit. However, unlike ordinary bulbs, LEDs don't have a filament that will burn out and generate very little . Used . heat. They are illuminated by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material and last as long as a standard transistor.. Used . ...Artnet
- A lighting control protocol that is run over ethernet. Developed by Artistic Lisence. This protocol can use up to 256 DMX512 universes. This technology can also run over wireless ethernet.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Dimmer Racks
Dimmer racks are a specialist device used to control the brightness level of lighting fixtures. Also known as dimmers, these light dimming systems adjust brightness by increasing or decreasing the voltage to the light, affecting how much actual power the lamp receives. By doing this, the light outputâ??s intensity can be adjusted.
Dimmer racks are often used in theatres and concert venues (where they are known as a touring dimmer rack), and specifically controls halogen, resistive incandescent and compact fluorescent lights. For dimming mercury vapor, solid state, fluorescent and other specialist types of lighting, more specialized equipment than a dimmer rack module is needed.
There are several different types of dimmer racks available, starting with the smaller light switch size boxes that are used in homes, all the way up to large consoles which are used in concert venues, theater etc. Such professional dimmer racks are too large to be controlled directly like the ones at home, and so a DMX or DALI control system is used instead.
When dimmer racks used in professional situations, changing the intensity or dimming the lights is known as â??fading upâ? or â??fading downâ?. Itâ??s recommended that lights are not â??fadedâ?? too quickly, as doing so can damage the life expectancy of the lamp in question, although this is less of an issue with more advanced dimmer rack module units.