- A lighting console button that performs on action when pressed and another when released. This is a lighting console term.. Used . . Used . ...Arc Lamp
- An arc lamp is a device that produces light by the sparking (or arcing, from voltaic arc or electric arc) of a high current between two carbon rod electrodes. The rods are touched and then slowly draw. Used . n apart; as the rods separate the current is "struck" and arcs across the gap in a bright, ionized path. The arc produces a temperature of several thousand degrees, and the tips of the carbon. Used . rods are heated to incandescence, creating light. The rods are slowly vaporized during the process and need to be regularly adjusted to maintain the arc. The concept was first demonstrated by Sir Humphry Davy...Achromatic
- A lens arrangement designed to decrease chromatic aberration, for example: to set the same focal length for red and blue light at the focal plane. Also, a color having no chroma as in black, white and. Used . grays created by mixing black and white instead of other colors that are made of chromatic pigments.. Used . ...Kelvin
- The kelvin (symbol: K) is the SI unit of temperature, and is one of the seven SI base units. It is defined by two facts: zero kelvins is absolute zero (when molecular motion stops), and one kelvin is . Used . the fraction 1/273.16 of the thermodynamic temperature of the triple point of water. The Celsius temperature scale is now defined in terms of the kelvin, with 0 ░C corresponding to 273.15 kel. Used . vins, approximately the freezing point of water under ordinary conditions.
The kelvin is named after the British physicist and engineer William Thomson, 1st Baron Kelvin; his barony was in turn na...Outboard Effects
- Outboard effects hardware is generally used to artificially enhanced or processes sounds or audio signals to artistically emphasize or place the content into a more appropriate signal.. Used . . Used . ...
Used Video Switcher
Video switchers, also known as a video display controller (abbreviated to VDC) is essentially the key component of a video signal generator. This kind of vision mixer is used for generating a visual signal in computers, and in some cases an audio signal too, although this is just a secondary function. The video switcher first made its appearance in our homes in the first types of home computers, such as the old Commodores and Spectrums, and is now an integral part of video signal generator logic.
A video mixer cannot work alone however, as it needs support from various other parts of the computer to work. For example, pixel data is stored in the computerÔ??s RAM, while character fonts are held in the ROM. Therefore, the video switcher chip will usually be totally integrated into the main computer, and so users will be able to see the video RAM it gives in the CPUs memory map. It can also act as a co-processor that acts independently, although this is not usually the case.
The video switcher is generally available in three different formats. Video shifters are the most basic type of production shifter, and take care of the video timing signals. These obtain data one byte at a time from the CPU, and use synchronization signals to produce a video signal. The CTRC video switcher reads data directly from the computerÔ??s RAM, and this is then outputted either through a ROM or directly. Far more complex are video interface controllers. This kind of video switcher supports sprites and video RAM which is dedicated towards color attributes, thus making extremely high-resolution images possible.